Advantages of using MEAN stack over LAMP stack for developing apps
M — MongoDB — cross-platform document-oriented database classified as a no-SQL database.
E — ExpressJS — Express is a minimal and flexible node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for building multipage and hybrid web applications.
A — AngularJS is an open source framework maintained by Google. The framework’s goal is to augment browser-based applications with Model View Controller capability that makes both the development as well as the testing easy.
Advantages of MEANS stack over LAMP include:
- Isomorphic coding — this enables running a code written in one framework on other frameworks without too many alterations to the original code.
- Open source and cloud compatible — MEAN stack technologies are open source and are available for free. This reduces the overall development costs.
- MEAN stack is more cost-effective than LAMP stack and the company does not have to hire resources expert in different specialties such as MySQL, PHP, etc.
- MEAN technologies have faster speed and usability, as NodeJS is quick and has a non-blocking architecture and angularJS, is open source and provides maintenance, testability, and reusability.
- MEAN stack permits users to transfer between different frameworks effortlessly and makes web apps more flexible to code.
- It is fast and simple and easy to switch between client and server.
- It has an infinite set of module libraries for NodeJS that are ready to use and gives you more time to polish your projects and build world-class applications.