We have just released the latest Windows and Linux versions of our Vialectrum wallet, version 3.0.5. The macOS version will be released in the near future. Vialectrum is a fast, secure and very easy to use lightweight Viacoin client. It doesn’t require you to sync the entire blockchain because it uses servers that index the Viacoin blockchain. Your funds are securely stored and can easily be recovered from any device using a secret phrase. Vialectrum 3.0.5 comes with a lot of upgrades like Bech32 address support and better fee estimation. We have also added VialectrumX Tor nodes. If you open Vialectrum 3.0.5., while having your Tor browser open, you can choose to use Tor proxy to add a layer of anonymity.
Vialectrum 3.0.5. changelog:
- Code migration from Python 2.7 to Python 3.x.
- Code migration from QT4 to QT5.
- Segwit support:
- Native segwit scripts are supported using a new type of
- Native segwit scripts are represented using bech32 addresses,
- Auto-connect to Tor node (when running).
- Force headers download if headers file is corrupted.
- Add websocket to Windows builds.
- Multiple Chain Validation: Vialectrum will download and validate
block headers sent by servers that may follow different branches
of a fork in the Viacoin blockchain.
- Qt GUI:
- Network dialog uses tabs and gets updated by network events.
- The GUI tabs use icons.
- Kivy GUI:
- Separation between network dialog and wallet settings dialog.
- Option for manual server entry
- Proxy configuration
- Daemon: The wallet password can be passed as parameter to the
- OS notifications for incoming transactions
- Better transaction size estimation.
- Fixed a vulnerability caused by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) in the JSONRPC interface.
- Various other bugfixes and improvements.
Bitcointalk — https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840789.0
Viacoin Development Update -10/2017: https://medium.com/@viacoin/viacoin-development-update-12-2017-c8689817a74c
Please feel free to leave us your feedback as we always welcome it!
- The Viacoin Team