I Shreedhar, an independent filmmaker with self funded ideas from Bengaluru.
Shreedhar, before achieving the sobriquet Karaanji in the world of Cinema had a successful stint in the field of journalism, events, advertisement, brand consultancy and entrepreneurship. He is acclaimed for his lateral, contemporary and out-of-the-box thinking. His real passion led him to academically learn Theater Arts. However, theater was just a door way for his creative spark to enter Television and Cinema Industry-his true love.
I worked for over a dozen Kannada Movies as an associate script writer and content writer with some of the renowned names in the industry. The Screen bug had bitten him big time. He also produced and directed television serials for reputed Kannada TV channels. At the same time, he aligned his social concern with his filmy dreams and that’s how “God’s Night Out” came alive! Who better then thespian artiste Dr. Rajkumar to initiate something noble and humble?! So a programme in aid of an old age home was conducted. The event was a phenomenal successful and a fulfilling experience.
Encashing on his experience in advertising, he took a big leap and ventured into Film Promotions and In Movie Branding. He did branding for some major movies.
His love for music had introduced him to a lot of musicians and one of them was the young and talented Apernit Singh, who is also India’s fastest guitarist.
- The next big thing that happened was “Gandhi Smiles”. He was involved through out the process of movie making. It shared the first place award with “Puttakkana Highway” in 4th Bengaluru International Film Festival held in Bengaluru. And finally he found his destination in the art of Film Making. He debuted as a director with the movie “Kaaranji”, which is one of its kind musical movies in the Kannada Film Industry and won the MIRCHI BEST MUSIC AWARD.
- His next movie is “JAALI BAARU MATTU POLI HUDUGARU”, a comedy thriller entertainer which is almost ready to release.
- He also completed “LIFT MAN”, an unique movie inspired by a lift operator from a state Govt. administrative building.
- Has done documentaries for the University of Agricultural Sciences, Dept. of Agriculture and Krushi Mission.
- Has directed television commercials.
- Has been a jury for ROLLING FRAMES, 4th Short film Summit held in Bengaluru for Idea Pitching platform.
- Has been a media consultant/media planner for several organisations.
- Founded “SILVER FEATHER”, a media house dedicated to audio visual production.
- Founded CINEMA SCHOOL-Cinema for Social Change, a unique visual media methodology to learn life skills & soft skills.