The Growing Popularity of Dustless Chalks
A dustless chalk is a writing instrument used on black or green boards in schools and colleges. It is slender in shape and non-toxic in nature. The stick of a dustless chalk is 3.15-inch longer. The notes on the board are written with the help of these chalk.
In earlier times, chalk was used to make drawings and marking on rocks and caves. These writing instruments are produced by converting the chalk into a fine powder. After this, water and clay are added to bind and shaped into sticks. The dustless chalks are considered a better option than the conventional chalks, which produce a lot of dust while writing on the boards. This dust may lead to respiratory problems when inhaled. The dustless chalk is hard in texture and produces a little dust which settles instantly. To produce a dustless chalk, the basic chalks are dipped in shellac, which limits the quantity of dust fumes in them.
The dust emitted from chalk is extremely harmful to the children who are allergic to casein, a milk protein found in dust particles of chalk. This milk protein may lead to an asthmatic attack and other respiratory problems. The effect of inhalation of chalk dust leads to coughing, sneezing, nasal congestion, and runny nose.
The dustless chalk is made using high-quality raw material and latest machines. It is 100% safe to use and does not lead to any skin allergy. With the invention of project boards, chalks still continue to rule the classroom as it one of the cheapest, easiest, and effective ways to teach in a class.
In India, there are a number of suppliers of dustless chalks. These suppliers should take into account the following vital aspects in order to become the market leader-
· They should procure their stock from the reputed vendors in the market, who make use of the top-notch grade materials and technologically advanced machines for the production.
· They should be backed by a team of dexterous professionals, which is highly proficient in handling and processing the orders in a prompt manner
· These suppliers should thoroughly adhere to the standards and norms laid down by the industry.
· They should have enough capacity to suffice the bulk and urgent requirements of their clients on a timely basis.
· The suppliers of dustless chalks should be well-equipped with a widespread marketing and distribution network. This enables them to meet the requirements of geographically distributed clients.
· The size of the chalk as 80mm + or — 3mm length and 9.5mm + or — 0.5mm diametre.
Thus, we can conclude that dustless chalks are profusely demanded by the leading schools and educational institutions for maintaining hygiene in the classrooms.