Top podcasts all front-end developers should follow🎙
Podcasts are a great way for developers to strengthen their skills and follow what’s happening in the world of web development. Since it is common to have a smartphone with us, enjoying a podcasts are an easy way to consume that content from basically anywhere. Today, I’ll share my favorite podcasts that you should definitely check out and add to your own playlist.
- CodePen Radio — A podcast all about what it’s like running a small web software business. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
- DN FM — DN FM features the latest stories in design and tech, brought to you by Designer News.
- Layout — Layout is a weekly podcast about design, technology, programming and everything else.
- The Web Ahead — Conversations with world experts on changing technologies and future of the web. The Web Ahead is your shortcut to keeping up.
- CTRL+CLICK CAST — Voices from the industry’s leaders and innovators, who tackle everything from design, code and content management systems, to culture and business challenges.
- Responsive Web Design Podcast — Co-hosted by Karen McGrane and Ethan Marcotte. In each episode, Karen and Ethan interview the people who make responsive redesigns happen.
- Developer Tea — A podcast for developers designed to fit inside your tea break.
- Shop Talk Show — An internet radio show about the internet starring Dave Rupert and Chris Coyier.
- The Back to Front Show — The Back to Front Show is a podcast hosted by Keir Whitaker and Kieran Masterton, both veterans of the web development industry.
- The Creative Coding Podcast — Iain and Seb discuss the ins and outs of programming for creative applications.
- Boagworld show — Every Thursday Paul Boag and Marcus Lillington are joined by a variety of guests to discuss a range of web design related topics. The show is fun, informative and quintessentially British! With content for designers, developers and website owners, you can be sure it will have something for everybody no matter their experience.
- On the Grid — Thinking out loud about design weekly.
- The Web Platform Podcast — A weekly show that dives deep into all things web from the developers building the platform today.
- The Static Void Podcast — Helping .NET developers keep up-to-date with everything that you need to know, with an emphasis on web development.
- Modern Web — Modern Web is a podcast that explores next generation frameworks, standards, and techniques.
- Front-end Five — All of your Front-end News in 5 Minutes.
- Front End Happy Hour — A podcast featuring a panel of Software Engineers from Netflix, Evernote & LinkedIn talking over drinks about all things Front End development. (Thanks @Sarah_federman 😉)
- Веб-стандарты — Russian podcast about front-end. Новости фронтенда за неделю: Ольга Алексашенко, Вадим Макеев, Алексей Симоненко. Подкаст сообщества «Веб-стандарты». (Thanks @firefoxic 👍)
- Design Details — A show about the people who design our favorite products. (Thanks @bglowdragosh)
- Full Stack Radio — A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. (Thanks @osfan501)
- DevChat.tv — Devchat.tv has a mission to empower programmers to change the world by helping them better understand the technologies, tools, processes, and possibilities of their craft. (Thanks @thematho)
If you know any other good podcasts that you think should be included, please let me know I will add to the list 😉