Hey 2015, You Can Keep These
Wouldn’t it be great if all of the annoying trends that popped up and stuck around throughout 2015 could just be permanently wiped away and prevented from littering the New Year?
Let’s pretend this is possible.
What would you like to see fade away into obscurity before January 1st?
Check out my list below…
2015 Trends That Need to Stay Out of 2016
- Shootings (mass, police, all of them…just stop shooting at shit unless you‘re hunting to eat or protecting your family)
- ISIS and Boko Haram
- Donald Trump
- E. coli outbreaks at Chipotle
- Clickbait headlines (e.g. “You Won’t Believe What Happens Next…”)
- Underperforming sports teams in Los Angeles
- Celebrity relationships or pregnancies making headline news
- Attaching the word “hack” to everything to make it sound new / better (e.g. “Growth hacking”)
- Hoverboards that don’t even hover
- Duck lip selfies
- Saying “I can’t even”
- FanDuel and DraftKings commercials
- Nationwide commercials (“Chicken parm you taste so good”)
- Man buns
- Being forced to watch 30 second video ads before seeing the article or actual video
- Obnoxious prank videos
- The Kardashians
- Most Vines (e.g. “Teachers be like…” or “What are those?” or “Deez nuts”)
- Making small talk about the weather or just making small talk in general
Did I miss anything? Leave a comment or a note to let me know.
And if you’re interested in seeing all of the actual trends from 2015, as determined by Google and Twitter, then check out these resources:
I hope you have a safe, happy and prosperous 2016…preferably without any of the trends I listed above.