Seven Rock Music Cruises Setting Sail in 2017–2018
Music cruises have been gaining ground over the last few years. The combination of fresh ocean air, stunning exotic views, loud music and the prospect of hobnobbing with your favorite artists seems really hard to pass up.
There are a lot of rock music cruises with outstanding line-ups that have already been set up for the end of the year and into 2018. And since most of these cruises are in the fall, winter and spring, they will also prove to be a rocking getaway from the cold New York weather.
Vinyl Bay 777, Long Island’s music outlet, wants to get you into the vacation spirit. That’s why we’ve created this list of upcoming rock music cruises. Ranging from punk and metal to pop-rock and oldies, here are seven that will make you forget about the snowy weather back home and get you rocking out.
1. Warped Rewind at Sea: If you’re a fan of the punk summer festival, Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman is doing it all over again this fall, but on the high seas. Some of the tour’s most popular bands from throughout its history will be there, including Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, The Starting Line, Reel Big Fish, Story of the Year, Less Than Jake and a lot more. Emo Nite will be on hand to create amazing dance parties every night and there is currently a contest for three unsigned bands to join the cruise. (Website, October 28-November 1, 2017)
2. Kiss Kruise VII: Kiss are great at marketing themselves, so a cruise seems like a perfect fit for them. This is the seventh year they have been setting sail and there will not be any shortage of ways to meet the band, such as participating in game shows like “Are You Smarter Than A Rock God” with Gene Simmons and cooking with Paul Stanley. Extreme and Steel Panther are also on the bill for the cruise, as are a couple of cover bands, newer bands and former Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick and his brother. (Website, November 5–10, 2017)
3. The Rock Boat XVIII: Rock Boat is billed as a floating music festival, boasting bands both new and established. Hosted by Sister Hazel, the festival is being headlined by Barenaked Ladies and Needtobreathe, and will also feature performances from the likes of Colony House, Drew Holcomb, Cowboy Mouth and more. They are still adding bands, so this line-up could get even better. (Website, January 30-February 4, 2018)
4. 70000 Tons of Metal: 70000 Tons of Metal has only announced a third of the bands that will be performing on the 2018 edition of the cruise, but it’s already looking like a metal head’s paradise. Cruisers can look forward to sets from Cannibal Corpse, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Alestorm, Enslaved and more. (Website, February 1–5, 2018)
5. Monsters of Rock: Still looking for more metal on the open seas? If you still have the money, the Monsters of Rock cruise will be setting sail a week later with another massive line-up. It’s being headlined by Tesla, Queensryche, Lita Ford and Winger with performances by Steve Harris of Iron Maiden, LA Guns, Lynch Mob, Loudness and Faster Pussycat. ‘That Metal Show’s’ Eddie Trunk and Don Jamieson will host. (Website, February 11–16, 2018)
6. Rock Legends Cruise VI: The name says it all. This cruise will be filled with some of the biggest rock legends on the planet. Sammy Hagar, Bad Company, Blue Oyster Cult, Steppenwolf, Molly Hatchet, Todd Rundgren, Uriah Heap, Vanilla Fudge and Quiet Riot will all be there. (Website, February 15–19, 2018)
7. Sail Across the Sun: Love good-natured pop-rock? The Sail Across The Sun music and wine festival is back for a fifth year with Train as host. Bands announced for the 2018 cruise include Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Gym Class Heroes, Magic!, Christopher Crossand Lisa Loeb, among others. (Website, March 7–11, 2018)
The concept of the rock cruise has been gaining in popularity over the last few years with bands of all genres getting involved. These are just some of the many rock cruises that will be setting sail in the next year. Extend your vacation plans into the cooler months and check out one of these cruises.
To read about two more rock music cruises happening in the next year, check out the original article at vinylbay777.blogspot.com.