Ten Albums Coming in April 2017 to Watch For
April is here! While we wait for the warmer spring weather to catch up, let’s take a look at some of the new music that we can expect to see this month.
This month is packed with a lot of highly anticipated releases. Besides all the music coming out during Record Store Day, EDM duo The Chainsmokers will be releasing their long-awaited debut LP this month while Gorillaz will be cementing their comeback with their first new album in seven years. Classic artists Ray Davies, Deep Purple and Barry Manilow will all be releasing new material this month. Pop punk will also be well represented in releases this month, with New Found Glory releasing a new album and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes putting out their greatest hits. There are also a number of albums coming out from lesser known artists that need to be checked out, like Cold War Kids and Father John Misty.
Vinyl Bay 777, Long Island’s top music outlet, has been keeping an eye out for the latest new releases. These are our picks for the albums coming out in April that we think will be worth your attention.
1. Cold War Kids, ‘L.A. Divine’: Cold War Kids are getting ready to release their sixth album, ‘L.A. Divine,’ this week, their first in four years. From the incredibly melodic and interesting new songs the band has been putting out, I really feel like this has the potential to be a great album. (April 7)
2. Deep Purple, ‘InFinite’: In the months following the band’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, Deep Purple announced that they would be releasing a new album. Now the wait is finally over as the band’s 20th album, ‘InFinite,’ is being released this week. The band will also be touring behind the album, which they have hinted could be their final large-scale tour. (April 7)
3. The Chainsmokers, ‘Memories…Do Not Open’: With the massive success The Chainsmokers have had over the last two years, it’s amazing the electronic duo hasn’t released a full-length album until now. But ‘Memories…Do Not Open’ will be coming out this week, so the wait is finally over. The album will feature the three new singles the duo released over the last couple of months and be followed by a US stadium and arena tour. (April 7)
4. Father John Misty, ‘Pure Comedy’: I feel like there has been a lot of hype around Father John Misty’s new album. The singer/songwriter has been very vocal lately, sharing very introspective and thought-provoking new music from the album, as well as speaking his mind about the state of the country. Perhaps this is his time to shine with ‘Pure Comedy.’ (April 7)
5. John Mayer, ‘The Search for Everything’: Mayer has been building up anticipation for ‘The Search for Everything’ since January. Earlier this year, he released two EPs featuring some of the music from the full album. Now, fans will get to hear the album in its entirety. (April 14)
6. Barenaked Ladies and The Persuasions, ‘Ladies and Gentlemen: Barenaked Ladies and The Persuasions’: The unlikely pairing of alt-rockers Barenaked Ladies and famed a cappella group The Persuasions will be releasing an album together this month. ‘Ladies and Gentlemen’ will find this super group putting a fresh twists on classic BNL songs, as well as Persuasions hit “Good Times.” This is the first of two Barenaked Ladies albums coming out this year, as the band has been preparing their 16th album, ‘Fake Nudes,’ for a fall release. (April 14)
7. Ray Davies, ‘Americana’: ‘Americana’ is Davies’ first album of new music in nearly a decade. This is the first part of a two part album and is an extension of his 2013 book, also titled ‘Americana.’ Part two is due out later this year. (April 21)
8. Barry Manilow, ‘This Is My Town: Songs of New York’: It has been a while since Barry Manilow released any original music, sticking to covering the standards for the last couple of decades. But that will change this month when the singer releases ‘This Is My Town,’ an ode to his state of birth, New York. The album will feature a mixture of original compositions and covers that, according to Broadway World, “evoke” the city’s spirit and energy.” (April 21)
9. New Found Glory, ‘Makes Me Sick’: New Found Glory is currently wrapping up a 20th anniversary tour and are now getting ready to release their 9th studio album. ‘Makes Me Sick’ follows the band’s 2013 album, ‘Resurrection.’(April 28)
10. Gorillaz, ‘Humanz’: ‘Humanz’ is Gorillaz’s highly-anticipated first album in nearly seven years. Damon Albarn began teasing the album in late 2016, slowly leaking out details and releasing the album’s first single in January. Last month, they released four more songs from the album, giving fans a better idea of what the album will sound like. (April 28)
Check out the releases above when they come out and get ready for some pretty amazing, highly-anticipated releases coming out in April that you aren’t going to want to miss. This month is going to be filled with great music to start spring off right.
To read about two more albums to keep an eye out for, check out the original article at vinylbay777.blogspot.com.