Step up Your Halloween Makeup Game with these Killer Looks
With Halloween just less than a month away, everyone is beginning to think about what they are going to dress up as this year. Having a killer costume is not just about the outfit, to really get into the character, hair, makeup, and accessories are also an important part of the costume. For many, the makeup can be the hardest part to create because they don’t have the proper tools and are not a professional makeup artist. Thankfully, there are many Youtubers and Instagrammers who post tutorials of makeup looks for popular costumes. These makeup artists go step by step explaining what they are doing and how to achieve the final look.
Nicole has a popular Youtube channel with almost 3 million subscribers where she posts beauty videos and daily vlogs. Nicole is well known for her halloween makeup tutorials where she comes up with extravagant ideas that she executes to perfection. She posts multiple tutorials every year and has already posted two this year so far.
Left to right: “Makeup Forever Inspiration Body Paint”, “Miss Argentina (Beetlejuice), “Pop Art/Cartoon Zombie”
Halloween Look: Diamond Skull
Halloween Look: “IT GIRL”, Pennywise
Desi Perkins is a beauty guru on YouTube with almost 3 million subscribers and 3.5 million instagram followers. She is known for her unique makeup tutorials, sunglass collection with QUAY sunglasses, and her collaboration with Dose of Colors. Desi’s halloween looks are very fun and she likes to use liquid latex to create a natural looking effect.
Ice Cream Girl Halloween Look
Nikkie de Jager (NikkieTutorials) has 7.7 million Youtube subscribers and 8.4 million Instagram followers. She has done collaborations with Too Faced and most recently, Ofra Cosmetics. Nikkie has also collaborated with celebrities ranging from Kim Kardashian to Bebe Rexha. Nikkie’s halloween tutorials are usually dark and scary so everyone is excited for what she will be posting this year.
Wonder Woman Comic Inspired Makeup Tutorial
Demon- Pulled Up Skin Halloween Makeup Tutorial
@the_wigs_and_makeup_manager (Vanessa Davis) 335K Followers
Copper Skull inspired by art deco and the ancient egyptian princess Amneris
@twistinbangs (Corie Willet) 137K Followers
Pastel Watercolor skull body paint
Galactic Space bunny skull body paint
@lola_von_esche (Sarah) 110K Followers
Disco Bee Halloween Look
Lady Leatherface Halloween Look
DIY Halloween Makeup Look Tips:
- Master the Brows
- A lot of these intricate makeup looks require either no eyebrows or a relocation of eye brows to get a realistic look. It is an easy process to “erase your brows” and can really add to the makeup look.
Steps to erase your brows:
- Comb brows in a downward direction
- Use stick elmer’s glue and smooth over brows until they lay flat against your face
- Once glue is dry, dust over brows with some setting powder
- Add another layer of glue and another layer of powder
- Apply concealer on top of brows and blend out
- Buy all inclusive palettes
- To cut down on costs since all this makeup can get expensive, consider investing in two makeup palettes. One pallet for neutral colors such as black, white, and browns and have another palette for colorful colors. This way, you have every color of face paint and buying in bulk will be cheaper then buying every color individually.
- Practice your makeup look multiple times before Halloween or the day you need to wear your costume. Test of different techniques of applying the makeup and see what looks best. This will eliminate some stress on the big day you’re wearing your costume.
- Use water based products
- Using water based paint for your face will make it a lot easier to take off at the end of the night. Be prepared to do some scrubbing to get all the paint off and consider getting a more abrasive washcloth other than a makeup wipe to take everything off. Also, consider buying a special cleanser that is meant to take stubborn face paint makeup off.