How to Stay Safe Playing the Online Lotto
Participating in some of the online lottos is a great way to play the lottery and have the chance to win some money without having to leave the comfort of your own home. But when it comes to gambling websites, there are several that are rather questionable and downright suspicious. Before you hand over your credit card number to purchase online lotto tickets from just any website, here are a few things you should to know that can help you stay safe while playing the lotto online:
* Only purchase lotto tickets from websites you trust. If you are not familiar with a particular lotto website, do your homework to make sure it is legitimate. This means reading through any privacy policies or terms of service the website may have posted and if necessary, contacting the website directly (via email or toll-free telephone number) to ensure it is a valid lotto website.
* Unfortunately, there is no “Better Business Bureau” specifically for online lotto sites. However, with a little effort, you can determine if a website is legitimate or not simply by searching online for reviews of that website. There are also several online forums where online lotto participants can communicate with one another and report issues or problems with certain lottery websites. Due diligence can go a long way to ensure you are not ripped off by a shady, disreputable website.
* Always keep your account information and password privately. Never disclose it to anyone (especially over the web) and pick a password that would be difficult for others to guess.
* After logging in and purchasing online lotto tickets, make sure you log out of your account, especially if you are using a public computer.
* Make sure you abide by all rules and regulations of the website. On many lotto sites, participants must be at least 18 years old to purchase tickets.
Lottery Resource: Online Lotto