9 thoughts on BREXIT
- Categorising white working class people as racist and stupid is an ethical disaster, and in the light of Brexit, a political disaster.
- The UK Labour Party is ill. It has an inadequate relation to its own past. The Blair years have not been processed — but evaded. It is as though they didn’t happen.
- The logic of Jeremy Corbyn’s platform, though not its intent, was always Brexit. (Incomptible with European capitalism and Britain’s continued membership of the EU).
- Jeremy Corbyn is humour colour-blind and incurious about the world. That is a psychological failure. Politically, he speaks to a world that is not there. That is political delusion. (I am sorry to zing. I just don’t like self-satisfaction + ordinary citizens being sold snake oil).
- Large scale societies are not to be expected to agree on demonstrable matters of fact.
- The second goal of politics is to make the world a better place. The first goal is to keep the show on the road.
- There are two kinds of nationalism, a benign one and a xenophobic one. Mocking the former fuels the latter.
- The welfare state aims at solidarity, but reproduces division between citizen and stranger.
- Brexit puts in doubt the European project and its survivial into the next decade. If that sorrowful scenario comes about, it will be a case of the world refusing to be what we need it to be.
THANKS FOR READING! IF YOU ENJOYED IT, HIT THE HEART BUTTON BELOW. IF YOU HATED IT, TELL ME OFF IN THE COMMENTS! I AM REALLY GRATEFUL YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THIS.