This Jobs will disappear in the next 5 years
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is abruptly changing all business models, this disruption brings both great challenges and fantastic opportunities. Employment will suffer the biggest changes in a shorter time frame, skills needed to prosper in this new scenario have radically changed.
Knowing what skills are the most needed in this new economic environment and include them in our education and training programs should be number one priority.
Most of the current change agents affecting every industry all over the world will have a direct impact on employment. From the creation of completely new jobs to the displacement of workers.
A recent paper published by The World Economic Forum estimates that 65% of kids enrolling in primary education today will end working in jobs that haven’t been created yet. In many of the industrialised countries positions with the biggest demand did not exist 10 years ago.
Experts, academics, international organisations, brands and human resources professionals should be gathered in the eye of the storm.
A new vision in education should understand what roll new technology plays in its improvement. New ways of teaching and helping students develop skills and character trades known as emotional social aptitudes, those that are being sought by employers and that are not included in educational programs today.
Can technology effectively improve the development of skills and character? If the answer is yes What should we do in the short term to take advantage of it?
Known as SEL (Social Emotional Learning), this skills can be developed with the use of apps such as: Breathe, Think, Do, Touch and Learn, Emotionary and Stop, Breathe &Think (tools for Peace), just to name a few.
The biggest difference is that today education should not be thought as a thing with a beginning and an end. It must be an ability based on curiosity, initiative, perseverance, cultural and social conscience and leadership. Learning should be a continuos skill.
Forecasts made by various organisations in many countries and discussed in the World Economic Forum 2015 for jobs that will disappear or that will be displaced in the next 5 years give a troubled picture for those generations that thought that having a Degree was enough to have a stable job for the rest of their working days.
Automation is the disruption that every industrial revolution brings changing employment positions that require new skills displacing employees and replacing them with new workers with the needed skills or with machines that do the job cheaper.
Today with the Fourth Industrial Revolution the story is the same, jobs that will disappear and new sets of skills demanded by employers.
The following is a list published by the US Employment Bureau showing jobs that are currently disappearing:
- Postal Workers
- Industrial Sawing machines operators
- Telephone operators
- Fast Food cooks
- Travel Agents
- Agriculture labor
- Data Entry
- News Stands
- Book Store and Library jobs
- Electric and electronic assembly line workers
- Printing Technitians
- Oil Industry Operators
In the same World Economic Forum 2015 a list of things that will be happening by the year 2025 was presented:
- 10% of people will be wearing cloths connected to the internet
- 80% will have unlimited (Sponsored) backup space in the cloud
- There will be one Trillion sensors connected to the internet
- 10% of reading glasses will be internet connected
- 80% of the world’s population will have Internet presence
- The first automobile entirely produced with a 3D printer
- Some governments will sustituye their census programs with Big Data information
- 5% of consumer products will be produced in a 3D printer
- 90% of world’s population will own a smart phone
- 90% of world’s population will have internet access
- 10% of all vehicles on the roads will be driverless
- The first organ transplant from an organ made on a 3D printer
- 30% of all audits performed on large corporations will be through Artificial Inteligence
- Taxes will be collected through Blockchain
- More than 50% of home appliances will be connected to internet
- More rides will be made on shared cars than on private cars
This are the activities with the highest probability of being automated:
- Tax Form specialists
- Real State Agents
- Secretaries and ejecutive assistants
and the least probable to be robotised:
- Human Resource Managers
- Systems Analysts
- Anthropologists and Archeologists
- Comercial Directors
- C executives
This Fourth Industrial Revolution is happening faster than any other, we should not only be prepared but we should be change agents and leaders, or be ready to disappear.