Canadian Elections Oct 19, 2015
This election has been quite interesting for many reasons.
- This is the end of second consecutive term for Conservatives
- Huge turnout in the advance polls
- Strategic voting seems to have been quite effective
- Huge disapproval of Stephen Harper
- No one party seems to be in comfortable lead for a majority
The polls currently show the following (source: cbc.ca)
And this is the seats projection (source: cbc.ca)
I think the end result might be pretty different after Monday, Oct 19th. I feel, the following would happen:
- Conservatives would be completely routed (similar to what happened to Liberals in the last election)
- NDP and Liberals would be neck and neck in the total number of seats
- Seats might be something like: Liberals: 170 NDP: 120 Conservatives: 35
I feel Conservatives will take a huge hit mainly because of the following reasons:
- Huge early turnout and i hope a much bigger overall turnout
- Huge wave against Stephen Harper
- Strategic Voting
- Backfiring of the niqab issue
- Backfiring of the provocative, negative ads against liberals targetted to specific communities
- Announcing TPP and not following up with relevant details. Even Hillary Clinton expressed her doubts about that.
I can’t wait to see the results at the end of Monday. I am excited and I am hopeful for a new government that has a more positive outlook about everything.