Whether it is a family, couple or young one, now a days everyone prefers to have a rental house rather than own property. Obviously, you may think that if you stay in the rental apartment, you can’t save money on electric bill. But, it’s not true. Being a tenant, you can still perform some effective activities to Save Money on Gas and Electricity Bills.
If you are renting, tips to make your rental house energy efficient –
- Turning down the thermostat by just 1ºC can cut down heating costs by up to 10%.
- Switch off all devices when you aren’t using it.
- Boil exact amount of water in a kettle and use a smaller pan for cooking food.
- Keep curtains open on a sunny day to warmth the house and closed during cold days.
- Wash clothes at 30–40°C to save washing machine from having to heat the water too high.
- Avoid using the tumble-dryer. Hang clothes up and let them air-dry overnight. Since, tumbler-dryer is one of the costly appliances to use in the home.
- Decrease pressure little bit on power shower will reduce water bill as well as you can enjoy the shower.
All of the above-mentioned tips you can easily implement in your day to day life. Other than this, there are some cost-effective ways which can help you in turning down high gas and electricity bill of your house.
Little investment helps you in saving a lot –
- Replace normal light bulbs with energy-saving light bulbs. It uses less energy and lasts at least 10 years. You can operate in cold as well as warm temperature. Even, it protects from headaches or health issues. Click here to know more about LED bulbs — Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Vs Regular Light Bulbs
- Use Radiator Booster to cuts your heating bills and helps in increasing warm air to circulate in your home.
- Buy draught excluders, it helps large houses in decreasing heating bills and improves level of comfort.
- Use the solar charger that helps to recharge your gadgets for free, by using sunlight.
- Insulate pipes and tanks to keep water hotter for the longer time. It’s easy to install and cheap to buy