The multipurpose EVA Foam mats
What exactly is EVA foam? It is a soft and durable polymer of the compounds ethylene and vinyl acetate, which you might have commonly seen to be used in flooring. Apart from that, it is also used in sports equipment, crafts, and set designing. Your Flip flops are good examples of their use. This is possible because of its softness, since it is easy to work with and comes in a variety of colors and thicknesses.
EVA floor mats are considered to be perfect for exercise rooms, gyms, weight rooms, trade shows, martial arts studios, and more. They are designed in a way that these foam mats easily interlock and hence are easily installed. Similarly, removing them quickly is no hassle. Customers love them because:
· The material is comfortable
· Gives the right amount of cushioning for safe and comfortable exercise, play, and work.
· Since it is soft, it lessens the fatigue caused due to long periods of standing.
· Ability to absorb noise
· EVA foam mats have good grip
· They easy to clean
· It is said to be a material highly resistant to chemicals, which makes it a good choice to be used in those sweaty gyms
· It is a highly weather resilient product and also, has a low water absorption capacity, so it can withstand spills, wet feet, and messy pets.
· It is also used for kids’ rooms as this material is nontoxic and BPA free.
If we talk about the availability of various types, there are three main types of EVA foam. They are: tile packs, roll mats and craft foam sheets. These can be in different sizes, thicknesses and prices. Also, they come in two finishes, being smooth on one side and patterned on the other.
The two patterns that are popular among the customers are “diamond plate” and “Cross Pattern”. People might prefer each of them as per their own requirements and specifications.
They are said to be the main source of EVA foam. These consist of 2' x 2' tiles which are available in the pack of 4 pieces or 6 pieces. They are available in 375" thick. These are commonly used in flooring or automotive sections of stores or ordered online.
This type is available in a 2' x 6' solid piece that is rolled and pack. These are the ones with a thinner .25" thickness. These types of EVA foam are a little hard to find. The use of these mats can be made in designing thin edge costumes like that of Iron Man and is also a must if you’re making a helmet.
This can be found almost anywhere and are available in varying thickness. This is said to be a great option for detailing costumes, or adding an extra layer needed to give it some flare.
This product called the EVA foam generally comes in almost every variety you could think of. Since it is so easy to work with, this material can be produced in many colors, textures, and thicknesses.