How to 10X Your Network as a Millennial
5 quick ways to level up your network in 2017
- Build relationships through social media engagement. Liking, commenting, and re-sharing information / articles of other people can put you on the radar of someone you would like in your network
- Share information. Do not feel afraid to reach out to people you have met only once or twice. Try to include a recent article, mention a connection you share in common or just bring them a value add like “Hey I remember you were interested in real estate so thought to share this article or invite you to this event.”
- Pay close attention to special dates. Stay up-to-date with birthdays, anniversaries, or new job positions — this is the perfect time to make yourself top of mind and say congratulations or happy birthday
- Double opt-in emails. Having a warm intro is best case scenario. **Note** never send an intro email including someone unless both sides have been notified.
- Join networking groups: Join facebook groups, meet up groups and local email lists that are relevant to your industry. Even if you are unable to attend any of these events invite / share with all of your network. People will see you as a connector and start looping you in on everything.
If you enjoyed this article feel free to share it with your network!