Top 5 reasons for brands to be on Snapchat
Snapchat is probably to closest thing to a human encounter. Why? Because the moment disappears. This sounds very simple and intuitive, but when you deeply think about it, you start wondering why do people still complain about technology and our destiny to become robots. There is a common denominator to every new piece of technology or social app that comes out: Evolution. We, as humans, still do the exact same things we did 5000 years ago… Only difference? The vehicle of transportation for our thoughts, emotions and behaviors has changed.
For everyone still not convinced about the relevancy of snapchat (especially brands) let’s put some numbers on the table:
- From May 2015 to January 2016 Snapchat’s daily video have grown 350% in 8 months (2 billion in May 2015 and 7 billion in January 2016). With this kind of growth Snapchat will most probably hit 10 billion views this month
- Emarketer reports that 18–24 year-olds make up for 45% of all users in the U.S.
- There is an estimated of 200 million monthly active users. This accounts for 700 million photos/videos each day, viewed 500 million times/ day (Business Insider)
- Snapchat reaches 11% of U.S.’s entire digital population (comScore)
- According to Emarketer, Marketers are spending 500% more than all demographics combined trying to reach Millennials (7 out of 10 are Snapchat users)
And it’s only the beginning folks… Why do people like Snapchat? Because it’s authentic and not intrusive! Just look at DJ Khaled killing with an estimated 6 million followers. Especially when following celebrities or popular brands, it makes you feel as if you were part of the family by witnessing exclusive moments before anyone else.
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy days to read this article :) Hope you’ve enjoyed it !