Basil seeds which are also known as chia seeds are excellent for weight loss. They are loaded with fiber and many health benefits. When mixed with summer drinks, they give a cooling effect by keeping your stomach cool and also maintain a fine digestive system. In fact, basil seeds or Chia seeds can be compared to hidden gems by god gifted nature.
Basil seeds or Chia seeds can be compared to hidden gems by god gifted nature. They are tiny oval in shape and black in color. They look similar to poppy seeds. They are larger than basil seeds and swell faster.
Basil seeds have many names around the world, following are few of them
- Sabja Seeds, Sabja Ginjalu, Sabja Vethai
- Arabic Falooda Seeds, Falooda Seeds
- Selashi Tukmaria
- Tuk Malanga Seeds, Tukmalanga Seeds
- Basilic Cultive, Basilien Kraut
- Sweet Basil Seeds, Thai Holy Basil
Names in Other Languages
- Sabja (Hindi)
- Baburi (Punjabi)
- Kala pingain, Tirunutpatchi, Rama Tulsi, Kamkasturi (Tamil)
- Hazbo (Kashmiri)
- Tirunitru (Malayalam)
- Sabja vittanālu, Vebudipatri (Telugu)
- Sabajhi (Sindhi)
- Tukhmalanga (Urdu)
- Tulsi (Oriya, Bengali)
- Basilic Cultive (French)
- Basilien Kraut (German)
Scientific Name: Ocimum Basilicum.