A day from Construction Manager`s life
Construction Management is a useful field that attracts many people, including from engineering, field work and project management. As stated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the work in the field of Construction is growing. civil administration jobs are expected to increase by 16% between 2012 and 2022. Building managers can expect to create a bank balance while they work. Currently, the minimum construction managers pay is about $ 50,000. the first 10 percent are still earning $ 144,500. Building contractors and Industrial roofing contractors offer a good amount to complete projects.
The point is, what does this mean to be a construction manager? job descriptions can barely go so far in representing the day-to-day, just took a deeper dive into what it actually means of a construction manager. Construction recruitment agencies provide lot of ways to start a career as construction manager.
There is not any normal day for a construction manager. you could be meeting with stakeholders One day and the next you could be at the job site analyzing the source of a project delay. keeping this in mind, most project managers just try to spend their days:
• Hiring and managing subcontractors and staff
• Maximizing available resources — both physical and in human capital
• Working with architects and engineers to optimize the final product
• Keeping construction workers safe
• Ensuring compliance with local and federal construction laws
• Negotiating contracts and representing the firm
• Preparing and submitting budgets
- Planning, organizing, scheduling, directing, controlling, and finishing their construction firm’s projects
Mostly construction managers perform their job on the typical construction schedule, which means a 9 to 5 isn’t in the cards. it would be odd if they weren’t up by 6:00 AM. Their days are a divide between planning, meetings, working with documents, maintaining a presence on the job. Construction managers should have both the ability to inspire his workers and the analytic ability to keep their projects in line.
Effective construction managers have a couple of unifying traits that keep them engaged with their work and passionate about their employers. Construction managers can get a lot of contracts independently such as building houses or building extensions. construction managers have better success with their job performance if the following skills complement leadership ability:
• Competence: While ranked only the fourth most-important trait for project managers to have, ability to do one’s job is still exceedingly important.
• Intelligence: Construction managers must earn their subordinate’s trust. Being able to show how decisions are made.
• Accessibility: Construction managers must always be on call in case of emergency and be willing to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, such as potentially dangerous weather.
• Effective communication: This trait is ranked as most important for project managers even above hard skills because poor communicators were unable to clearly define objectives to their subordinates.