Explore famous shopping destinations in Goa
Goa is an ideal destination for shoppers for all types of shopping experiences. Being the best vacation destination for the people, Goa is also famous for shopping markets. Even after relaxing on the beaches, playing in the sea and experiencing Goa’s night life, your trip to Goa is incomplete if you do not indulge in shopping in Goa.
You will find a lot of things to shop when it comes to Goa, especially ornamental crafts, clothing, imported cigarettes, oxidized silverware, junk jewelry, spices and stones at reasonable prices. However, you have to know the right places to hit when it comes to shopping. No matter in which one of the 5 star hotels in Goa you are staying, you must find the right market to go for a completely authentic Goa shopping.
So, here are some places for shopping in Goa where you can shop unique stuff at affordable prices.
- Panaji is the most popular shopping destination in the Goa for its shopping malls and showrooms. You can also find the best places to stay in Panaji. If authentic Goa stuff is what you want right from handicrafts to antique pieces and exotic fruits to food items, then set out from your luxury hotels in Goa and come to the Friday Market at Mapusa. It is a small town 14km away from Panaji, which is a shopping hub of North Goa.
- Anjuna Flea Market is one of the major markets in Goa which is held every Wednesday. After lazing around the beautiful beach you can indulge in shopping here. This market is a combination of Kashmiri, Gujarati and Tibetan shops. Ranging from home-decoration items to spices, fabrics and junk jewelry, you will get all at reasonable price.
- Old Goa is the place where you will get traditional antique and handicraft items. The Old Portuguese houses of Goa, which are famous for their home décor and designer fabrics, have become the most popular destination for tourists.
- Calangute is not only famous for beach but also for its market that is a shopper’s paradise. You can buy all type of things in the market from clothes to jewellery to souvenirs. This market has a lot to offer and located just 14 km away from Panaji.
- Margao Market is the place for those who have no idea about what they want to buy. You can get almost everything from this market and it is the best place in Goa to shop for fish, Goan sweets, alcohol and various other local specialties. It is also known as Gandhi market and located in south Goa.
So if you are planning a trip to Goa, you have to know the right places to hit when it comes to shopping in Goa & do buy one of the items mentioned above. Also, check out the best Goa hotels and resorts or plant your trip to Goa.