Recently, I subscribed to such an awesome blogger and have fallen in love with her content. One of the most recent ideas I’ve seen that she’s taken on (for a couple years now) is her Christmas Pledge. Its basically a pledge for each day in November to get something done in preparation for the Holiday season to make sure that December is free from stress, scrambling, and last minute Christmas shenanigans, as much as possible of course. Here’s Karen’s version from The Art of Doing Stuff:
Today is November 9th, so I’m obviously late if I wanted to take on this daily pledge, but I’m not giving up. These first few task items (9 to be exact) are on my catch-up list for today, so good thing I’ve taken a personal day from work because I AM SO STRESSED.
I’ve taken Karen’s version of a get-your-sh*t-together list and made tweaks of my own, so here it is in all it’s busy glory:
My Christmas Pledge 2018
- Make a list of gifts people and card people. Also plan the gifts and cards.
- Book all appointments for December. Luckily, I do my own hair and nails, but scheduling out this time before the business starts is going to be so helpful.
- Saturday, the day of rest. Just like the Lord intended, just a lil earlier in the week. Also, no rest. Start making a simple ornament for work friends and acquaintances.
- Christmas card day. Make those cards baybay!!
- Go get supplies for wrapping. Honestly, I’m trying to get rid of some newspaper and leftovers from last year, so hopefully I don’t have to leave the house for this one.
- Start on my gift ideas and plan for all the gift people.
- MY Christmas List. Good thing I already made this.
- Food for Christmas Eve and Day and visiting the fam.
- Day of rest once again. Except for me, it’s about getting everything above worked out. And work on those ornaments.
- Finalize the gift list — buy list and make list for gifts
- Rest day. But really, just make sure you actually did all of the previous tasks. And make a few more ornaments.
- Get out Christmas decorations… and go ahead… you know you want to… PUT UP THE TREE!!
- DECORATE MORE!
- Get cards finalized, addressed, stamped and ready to send out. Decide when to send them out.
- Drink eggnog. Or hot chocolate. Do something fun. Oh, and make some more ornaments.
- Decide on my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day attire. Make sure it fits.
- Decide on the cookies for Santa. Are you done crafting those ornaments?
- Outside decorations. Hang the lights. Make sure your wreath looks fabulous. Get on it!
- Make at least one gift to get it checked off the list.
- Make another gift. Also, are you sure that’s enough ornaments?
- Oh, you forgot about Thanksgiving huh? That’s tomorrow. Pick out your outfit, and make a dessert to pop in the fridge. Also, call your mom. You need more details on how to help out.
- Happy Thanksgiving!! Actually take a break today. Enjoy your family. Or not. Just go cook and eat. Eat and cook. However it happens.
- Recover from Thanksgiving. Also, do some crocheting while you’re sitting there.
- “Last minute” shopping. Shop Local!
- Date night? Austin probably needs some attention.
- Cyber Monday! Do some online shopping if you still have to. Hopefully not, but who knows?
- Mail the Christmas cards out!
- Final decorations inside. You’re probably done, but hey, let’s hang some snowflakes from the ceiling!
- Finish up making your gifts. Lay out everything for wrapping day tomorrow.
- Wrap the gifts. Place them under the tree. Pray to God they survive the wrath of the KitKat until the big day.
If that doesn’t get you excitedly motivated, I have no idea what will! I’m pumped, overwhelmed, and honestly already tired, but I’ll update you all this weekend on how far I’ve gotten and if I can even manage to catch up. Follow along on my Chrimah Pinterest board to see my ideas as they develop.