Salehoo Alternatives: Are Better Wholesaler / Dropshipper Directories on The Market?
Salehoo is one of the leading directories of dropshippers and wholesalers on the market and has been trading from New Zealand since 2005, but there are good alternatives as well — one in particular that had 10 times the number of products on offer.
I’m going to start by talking about what Sale Hoo offers and what it’s missing, and then talk about the alternatives to Salehoo.
What is Salehoo?
Salehoo is a directory of about 8,000 wholesalers and dropshippers and lists over 1.6 million products from these suppliers on their members only website. Membership costs $67 per year and includes access to the directory, forums, tutorial videos and market research tools.
There are some add-ons also — the online store builder and additional training, which cost quite a bit extra.
Salehoo is based in New Zealand and lists suppliers from NZ, Australia, Canada, USA, UK and China mainly, but also other countries too. It has a very international distribution of suppliers — and many ship internationally.
The training is quite basic (you can pay for extra training, which may be worth the money) and while it is a genuine wholesaler directory with genuine wholesale prices, not all of the products will be available at low enough prices to sell on competitive marketplaces like eBay or Amazon for a profit.
There are many profitable online niches though, you just need to put some time into doing the research.
What are the alternatives?
Probably the top alternative to Sale Hoo is Worldwide Brands — a directory with a similar number of suppliers (about 8,000) but over 10 times the number of products listed at 16 million (as of 2017).
Worldwide Brands was founded in Florida in 1999 and is still based there today. It’s still owned by Chris Malta, who wrote a top selling book about making a money selling on eBay in 2006.
I’ve written a full review of Worldwide Brands here, but these are the key good points:
1. The largest database of wholesalers and drop shippers — 8,000 suppliers and 16 million products listed — 10x Salehoo’s 1.6 million — so you should have a better chance of finding low priced suppliers
- The diversity and scale of their suppliers is unparalleled. WWB lists all the main categories of wholesalers, but also down to the really obscure niches that you probably won’t find elsewhere — including wholesalers/dropshippers for ‘weight loss teas’, ‘mattress support systems’, ‘organic skincare’ and ‘fish jerky’ to name only a small selection.
- All suppliers are fully checked an verified — Worldwide Brands do a full audit of each supplier before adding them to their database, and fully guarantee that there are no scams
- Only directory to be fully certified by eBay, which is good if you’re worried about not being able to buy at low enough prices to sell on eBay.
- Founded by eBay seller
- Money back guarantee for 60 days
- Lifetime membership — no recurring costs at all
- Very helpful support staff who will research and find suppliers that are not yet listed, which is one of the reasons there are so many obscure niche suppliers in their directory
The two negatives are:
- Costs more to join initially than Salehoo
- Directory is so large that it can be overwhelming, but that could also be a good point also — it depends what you’re looking for
** Update: I recently found a discount link for Worldwide Brands here. You can get $30 off the usual price at the moment through that page **
Is Worlwide Brands better than Sale Hoo?
Salehoo is a good directory — and provide a good list of suppliers with a low initial entry cost, which makes it a good low-risk option.
However, Worldwide Brands has ten time as many products listed (16 million compared to 1.6 million in Salehoo) and that makes a big difference. The more competition there is, the lower prices often are — that’s why sites like eBay and Amazon are so cheap, there are many sellers competing on price.
The same principle applies to a marketplace of wholesalers and drop shippers. Not only that but Worldwide Brands is virtually unmatched for variety suppliers and scale; they have the most extensive range of products.
Worldwide Brands guarantee the reliability of all their suppliers, and research them in detail — visiting their facilities and placing test orders — so when you order from one of their suppliers you can be confident that the supplier sis reliable and the products are genuine.
And although the initial cost of Worldwide Brands membership is higher ($299 for lifetime membership compared to $67 a year for Salehoo) if you use the discount link I mentioned earlier (click here) then that is reduced to $269, about the cost of 4 years of Salehoo membership for lifetime membership of a directory with 10 times as many products.
Worldbide Brands is, in my opinion, the top choice for anyone looking for wholesalers or dropshippers, especially in the USA.
Click here for more information about Worldwide Brands and here for the £30 discount coupon.