The Advantages and Disadvantages of GPS
Global Positioning System or simply GPS is a tool for searching an object, a person, using a three dimensional (3D) space wherever on Earth or in any surrounding orbit. It is a very vital invention of our present time for the many distinctive possibilities it can bring. It is formed by Department of Defense in the United States for the routing of armed forces in any portion of the world under any condition. The moment when this method is being applied for numerous and some other purposes, the GPS schemes have proven to be activist machinery in the world today. There are some advantages of using GPS at present, but in comparing to that, there are also some disadvantages noted.
Here are some of the advantages of using GPS
1. The Global Positioning System is exceptionally simple to steer as it will tell you in the way for every turn you will take or you need to take to arrive at your destination.
2. GPS performs in any kind of weather so you don’t have to worry about the weather as with the other navigating tools.
3. The GPS will cost you extremely low when compared to the other navigation systems.
4. It is the most eye catchy feature of this method is its 100 percent comprising in the planet.
5. It can also assist you to look for the nearest restaurants, gas stations and hotels and it is very functional for the latest spot.
6. Because of its lower cost, it is so simple to put it together with the other kinds of technologies such as cell phone.
7. The method is regularly updated by the government of the United States and hence it is also very advanced.
8. This is known as the top navigating methods in water as in the bigger the water mass, we are often misinformed because of the lack of accurate directions.
Well, here are the disadvantages of GPS application
1. Normally, the Global Positioning System will fail because of some reasons and because of that, you might need to bring a backup map for your directions.
2. If you are applying the GPS on a battery functional tool, there can be a possible battery breakdown and you will probably need an exterior supply of power and in some cases that is not always viable.
3. Occasionally, the GPS indications are not that accurate because of the difficulties and some other obstacles to the motion like the trees, buildings, and at times by intense atmospheric situations like the geomagnetic storms.