We’re looking for a motivated and target-driven salesperson, to help us grow our innovative charity platform.
- Business giving currently represents a meagre 2% of UK charity income. Work for Good are on a mission to change this by making business giving easy and good for business, in order to create a major new source of funding for good causes.
- Our online platform enables businesses to build giving into their day to day work, for the good of both business and charities. You can find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTK2F6gSG1o
- We are at an exciting moment in our story. We’ve built the platform, proved concept, and have launched in the UK. We are currently rapidly growing and scaling, welcoming new charities and businesses to the platform every day.
- We have ambitious growth targets and need a skilled salesperson to entice new business members to subscribe and donate. You could be integral to a hugely successful enterprise that does good in the world, working with a diverse range of energetic and passionate people. If that’s for you, please read on…
- This is a front-line sales role. You will be responsible for executing our sales strategy as well as engaging and converting prospect leads to subscribed business members.
- Assist our CEO in developing and managing the sales strategy and ensure a coherent approach to all sales reporting.
- Execute the sales strategy to build our sales funnel, identify and target new business members quickly and efficiently.
- Convert leads to signed up members, at scale: Build and promote strong customer relationships, provide support and resolve queries as required (working with our Community Engagement Manager).
- Assist in generating and implementing strategies to encourage more ongoing donations from signed-up members (working with our Community Engagement Manager).
- Deliver weekly sales targets against agreed metrics (includes cold calling, lead gen and strategic sales partnerships).
- Implement a flexible and adaptive approach to optimizing sales by responding to insights and using market insight.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of business member satisfaction, identify and address pinch points and all barriers to adoption and use.
- Participate and network at internal and external events.
- Liaise closely with the team, supporting the wider ambitions of Work for Good.
- Think strategically, challenge and help us evolve, bring new ideas, spot opportunities.
- Min 2+ years’ B2B sales experience (experience with SME’s ideal but not essential).
- Comfortable with strategic planning and operational delivery.
- Happy to pick up the phone to introduce Work for Good to prospective business members.
- Understanding of how to build rapport, convert interest and manage relationships.
- A self-motivated individual who will thrive in a dynamic, startup environment. No two weeks will be the same and a general willingness to ‘muck in’ is crucial.
- Flexibility and tenacity, we expect this role to grow so to thrive you must be able to adapt with it.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and who understands how to engage, inspire and motivate others.
- Understanding of and passion for our mission.
Location, Contract and Compensation:
- Private office within WeWork South Bank Central (10mins walk from Waterloo and Blackfriars): https://www.wework.com/buildings/south-bank-central--london.
- At inception, this role will likely be 4 days a week in the office with 1 day a week flexible working.
- £30,000 + commission.
- Equity and other financial incentives possible.
- 25 days holiday (pro rata).
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem to make a difference.
- Send a cover letter and CV to Anna email@example.com (include your remuneration expectations). We’ll review candidates on a rolling basis so the sooner the better and no later than Friday 16th November 2018. We’ll be looking out for: (i) evidence of delivering against sales lead targets (hunger for the deal!), (ii) Evidence of working in B2B sales, (iii) Evidence working with SME’s would help.
- Phone interview
- Face to face panel interview
- Meet the team and offer stage