We’re hiring! Head of Sales and Business Development
We’re looking for a strategic and target driven B2B sales expert, to help us grow an innovative charity platform serving SME’s. This is your chance to join a tech startup in high growth mode. As a senior member of the team, you will play a significant role in the development of Work for Good.
- Business giving currently represents a meagre 2% of UK charity income. Work for Good are on a mission to change this by making business giving easy and good for business, in order to create a major new source of funding for good causes.
- Our online platform enables businesses to build giving into their day to day work, for the good of both business and charities.
- We are at an exciting moment in our story. We’ve built the platform, proved concept, and have launched in the UK. We are currently rapidly growing and scaling, welcoming new charities and businesses to the platform every day.
- We have ambitious growth targets and need a strategic thinker and skilled executor to propel our business membership growth.
- You could be integral to a hugely successful enterprise that does good in the world, working with a diverse range of energetic and passionate people. If that’s for you, please read on…
- This is a hybrid role comprising strategic responsibility with operational sales delivery. You will be responsible for owning, developing and building our business member sales strategy as well as engaging and converting prospect leads to subscribed business members.
- Develop and manage the sales strategy, coordinating other resource (where available) and ensuring a coherent approach to all sales reporting
- Own, develop and build the sales funnel and lead generation (you must be willing and able to execute on this personally), identifying and targeting customers quickly and efficiently
- Convert leads to signed up members, at scale: Build and promote strong customer relationships, provide support and resolve queries as required
- Generate and implement strategies to encourage more ongoing donations from signed-up members
- Deliver weekly sales targets against agreed metrics (includes cold calling, lead gen and strategic sales partnerships)
- Implement a flexible and adaptive approach to optimizing sales by responding to insights and using market insight
- Monitor and report on all aspects of business member satisfaction, identify and address pinch points and all barriers to adoption and use
- Participate and network at internal and external events
- Liaise closely with the team, supporting the wider ambitions of Work for Good
- Think strategically, challenge and help us evolve, bring new ideas, spot opportunities
- Min 5+ years’ B2B sales experience; demonstrate a strong track record in driving sales from SMEs, and evidence of leadership in a Sales position
- Comfortable with strategic planning and operational delivery
- A confident leader focused on delivery and targets
- Understanding of how to build rapport, convert interest and manage relationships
- A self-motivated individual who will thrive in a dynamic, startup environment. No two weeks will be the same and a general willingness to ‘muck in’ is crucial
- Flexibility and tenacity — we expect this role to grow so to thrive you must be able to adapt with it
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and who understands how to engage, inspire and motivate others.
- Understanding of and passion for our mission.
Location Contract and Compensation
- Private office within WeWork South Bank Central (10mins walk from Waterloo and Blackfriars): https://www.wework.com/buildings/south-bank-central--london
- At inception, this role will likely be 4 days a week in the office with 1 day a week flexible working.
- Initial 6-month full-time contract (flexible and renewable)
- Competitive base salary + commission dependent on experience
- Equity and other financial incentives possible
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem to make a difference
- Step 1: Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll review candidates on a rolling basis so the sooner the better and no later than Friday 21st September 2018. We’ll be looking out for (i) Evidence of creating a robust sales strategy (ii) Evidence of delivering against sales lead targets (hunger for the deal!), (iii) Evidence of working to a tight budget, (iv) Contacts with SME aggregators and influencers would help.
- Step 2: Phone interview
- Step 3: Face to face panel interview
- Step 4: Meet the team and offer stage