We’re hiring! Marketing and Social Media Executive
We’re looking for a motivated Marketing and Social Media Executive to help us grow our innovative charity platform.
- Business giving currently represents a meagre 2% of UK charity income. Work for Good are on a mission to change this by making business giving easy and good for business, in order to create a major new source of funding for good causes.
- Our online platform enables businesses to build giving into their day to day work, for the good of both business and charities. You can find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTK2F6gSG1o
- We are at an exciting moment in our story. We’ve built the platform, proved the concept, and have launched in the UK. We are currently rapidly growing and scaling, welcoming new charities and businesses to the platform every day.
- We have ambitious growth targets and need a skilled marketing and social media executive to engage new and existing members. You could be integral to a hugely successful enterprise that does good in the world, working with a diverse range of energetic and passionate people. If that’s for you, please read on…
Role and responsibilities:
- Manage Social Media
- Work across our main social media platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Develop deeper engagement with existing members and inspire new members to sign up.
- Build a welcoming and collaborative environment amongst our members so they can support and encourage each other to become more proactive in giving.
- Be proactive and creative in identifying new tactics to inspire and motivate the Work for Good community
- Content writing
- Identify and develop content that will inspire, motivate and embed giving into how businesses do their work. Content development will include writing blog posts and articles, ensuring consistency with the Work for Good tone of voice and brand guidelines.
- Review and improve email communication to our members, including newsletters.
- Maximise opportunities to use partners to amplify our message by providing relevant and timely content and promoting joint activity through social channels.
- Marketing campaigns and events
- Be proactive and creative in identifying new tactics to inspire and motivate the Work for Good community.
- Assist the CEO in developing our Strategic Marketing Campaign
- Build community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions.
- Lead on small scale community events from creation to execution
- Work with company stakeholders
- Work with our Head of Charity Partnerships to encourage more charities to use Work for Good as a business engagement tool.
- Work with our Sales and Business Development Manager and other stakeholders to supply digital content and develop our social media outreach.
- Experience managing social media accounts across multiple platforms with responsibility for strategy as well as implementation.
- Marketing and events experience (B2B marketing experience desirable)
- Experience with content writing and newsletter creation (via mailchimp desirable).
- A motivated self-starter who will thrive in an entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Passion for small businesses working across a range of locations and sectors.
- Care about the individual and be curious about what makes them tick.
- A natural communicator and ‘host’ — someone who takes pleasure in bringing people together.
- Enjoys direct interaction; great telephone as well as digital manner, comfortable with engaging and helping people on a one-to-one basis.
- Experience in building digital communities (desirable).
- Experience of working in B2B environment (desirable).
Location, Contract and Compensation:
- Private office within WeWork South Bank Central (10mins walk from Waterloo and Blackfriars): https://www.wework.com/buildings/south-bank-central--london.
- At inception, this role will likely be 3 days, spread over 4 or 5 days per week with flexible hours. It is envisaged that the hours will increase over time
- £27,000 — £29,000 pro rata — depending on experience
- 25 days holiday (pro rata).
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem to make a difference.
- Please apply through indeed here.
- We’ll review candidates on a rolling basis so the sooner the better. We’ll be looking out for (i) evidence of marketing and events experience, (ii) Evidence of social media experience, (iii) Evidence working with SME’s in a B2B environment would help.
- Phone interview
- Face to face panel interview
- Meet the team and offer stage
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £27,000.00 to £29,000.00 /year