ST PAUL, US: The 3M Company announced the following changes to its leadership team, all effective on 1 July 2017.
Michael Roman, who was most recently the executive vice president (VP) of 3M’s largest business, industrial business group as its new chief operating officer (COO) and executive vice president.
Hak Cheol Shin, as vice chair and executive vice president. Prior to this, he was executive vice president, industrial business group. Both will report directly to Inge Thulin, 3M chairman of the board, president and CEO
In his new role, Roman will have direct responsibility for 3M’s five business groups, along with the company’s international operations.
Shin will lead critical global functional teams including research & development, strategy and business development, supply chain operations and information technology. Business transformation, which is enabling 3M to serve customers with even greater agility and efficiency, will also be part of his responsibilities.
Other leadership changes include the following:
- James Bauman, currently executive VP, electronics & energy business group, is appointed executive vice president, industrial business group.
- Julie Bushman, currently senior VP, business transformation & information technology, is appointed executive vice president, international operations.
- Eric Hammes, currently VP, corporate controller and chief accounting officer, is appointed senior vice president, business transformation & information technology.
- Dr Ashish Khandpur, currently senior VP, research & development and chief technology officer is appointed executive vice president, electronics & energy business group.
- Dr John Banovetz, currently managing director, DACH region (combined Germany, Austria, Switzerland), is appointed senior vice president, research & development and chief technology officer.
“Mike and Shin are both highly effective, accomplished leaders with proven track records of delivering strong results, building businesses and developing future leaders. Each has extensive experience leading multiple 3M global business units, geographic regions and critical functional areas, and both have been instrumental in leveraging the 3M Playbook to create sustainable value for our customers and shareholders,” said Thulin.
© Worldofchemicals News