Why prefer a White-label Solution over building your own from scratch
As an entrepreneur with a business problem, your first instinct may be to solve it yourself. You would want to create your own personalised, innovative and unique solution with your exact specifications.
However, this is not always an ideal solution. It takes a lot of time, effort and resources to build a product from scratch to meet your ideal specifications. This is where you should consider using a ‘White Label Product’.
A White Label Product is a generic product which is created by one company but marketed by another under their own branding.
The term ‘white label’ has its origin in the music industry especially with the vinyl records. Before these records were released to the public, they would be sent to radio stations and DJs in white sleeves as promotional copies. This was done to gauge the public response and estimate production.
These types of white labels have become widely popular in the software industry. Many big companies create software solutions of their expertise and sell them to other companies for their use. These services are categorized as “Software As A Service(SaaS)”.
The opposite of this will be a ‘Private Label’.
A private label product is one that is sourced from a manufacturer and then sold exclusively under the retailer’s own brand.
If you’ve got a need for a software, application or a website, you have the following options:
- Build one in-house from scratch– Hire designers, developers and content creators, create your platform with your own exact specification.
- Hire a company for a private label– These companies have years of expertise in building software solutions and can give you a fully personalized ready-to-use product.
- Use a white label– Research for already existing products in the market. Compare their reviews and popularity. Purchase their white label. Customise it to your specifications.
White label software provide a wide range of benefits:
- Easy and speedy setup — White label softwares are generally fully integrated and ready to use. Just add your own branding and identity, and your business is up and running.
- Saves money and time– Developing a software from scratch is a huge constrain on your finance, time and resources. You need to dedicate time for architecture, design, building and testing the software, which usually take months. White label softwares provide immediate deployment without any compromise on quality.
- Ensures customer satisfaction — With white label softwares, you can lower your time to market. This means your customers can enjoy your upgraded software and you can make revenue faster, and since it’s an already tested solution, there is definitely more assurance of smooth running here.
Whether its a first time entrepreneur, or a long running business, every company requires softwares or web services from time to time.
Finalising a solution modely is largely dependant on the amount of time and resources available with the company. A smart choice in this scenario can determine the success of the company in the long run.
We at WTA provide numerous ready-to-deploy white label products up for grabs. Our solution provide a unique user experience with a tint of personal touch to increase your customer base manyfold!