About Xarelto And the Lawsuits It Brought On
Everyone is aware that medical procedures, medical devices and medications carry a certain amount of risk. This is truer in the case of medications that are specifically designed to treat serious health problems. This is because they are more potent and contain stronger ingredients.
Over the years there has been a marked increase in Xarelto lawsuits and claims from patients that have been prescribed this medication and suffered severe side-effects.Many patients have filed suits against the manufacturer for Xarelto negligence.
Xarelto - the side effects
This particular medication is a widely prescribed coagulant used in the treatment of conditions such as pulmonary embolus, deep vein thrombosis, an irregular heartbeat. Aside from this, it’s also prescribed for individuals that have undergone surgeries such as knee replacement or hip replacement.
This drug was aggressively marketed as an extremely effective option to existing drugs for the same problems. But Xarelto proved to bring on various complications and side-effects such as:
- Persistent headaches
- Paralysis &numbness in the limbs
- Excessive bleeding from internal as well as external wounds
- Presence of blood in cough, urine, and stools
- Vomiting blood
- Bleeding gums
- Heavy menstrual flow
At first glance, some of these side-effects don’t seem too severe, but if the problem isn’t addressed in time, they can result in a number of complications and problems. The symptoms are irreversible and once the complication stake on a more severe form, it isn’t possible to reverse them.
One of the main points that have been brought to the fore in the lawsuits filed by patients affected by this drug is that the manufacturers did not post clear warnings about the side-effects and that amounts to Xarelto negligence. And it’s not just the manufacturers that have been accused of negligence; patients have also accused the FDA of Xarelto negligence because:
· The general feeling is that the drug want tested thoroughly enough.
· It didn’t come with the right warnings and patients were unable to make informed decisions.
· The drug was marketed very aggressively and positioned as the best anticoagulant on the market. This made not just patients but medical professionals trust it as well.
· Patients and medical professionals felt that the FDA should have been more thorough about its assessment of the drug and should have looked at its test results and reports in a more detailed manner before clearing it to be released to the public.
· There were a number of safer alternatives in the market and there was no need to release a new drug into the market without detailed testing.
If you have experienced type any symptoms and complications from long-term use of this drug, and feel that you want to sue the manufacturers for Xarelto negligence, you should contact an experienced lawyer that has handled similar cases in the past as well. The legal professional will discuss your case, look at all the details of it and your medical reports and will tell you whether you have a strong enough case to file a lawsuit.