10 Awesome Homemade Natural Energy Drink
Have you been wanting some extra energy, but fearing that drinking energy drinks are bad for you?
You’re right to be hesitant!
Some of the ingredients in energy drinks can be harmful to your health.
That, however, isn’t true of all energy drinks.
If you know the right drinks to buy, you can find quite a few good organic energy drinks.
Not only that, but you can make your own!
Homemade natural energy drinks can help you get through the day and give your health a boost at the same time.
Rather than looking for drinks with chemicals or ingredients that offer no benefit to your body, look for recipes for drinks that give you energy the natural healthy way.
Your body will thank you for it!
The following are some excellent drink recipe ideas.
10 Homemade Natural Energy Drinks
#1. Orange Creamsicle Energy Drink
It had a tangy orange outside with a creamy vanilla inside.
For many people, it was a childhood favorite. It was refreshing and hit the spot, especially on hot summer days!
Unfortunately, the Orange Creamsicle Bar isn’t the healthiest of snacks.
If you want the taste of the Orange Creamsicle Bar without the unhealthy ingredients, try out the Orange Creamsicle Energy Drink!
It has all the flavors of the classic popsicle bar while giving you natural healthy energy.
The bonus is that you can make it at home whenever you want it!
- 1 large peeled orange
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup ice
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Savor the flavor of the Orange Creamsicle Bar without the guilt!
#2. Coconut Lime Energy Drink
Are you a fan of Gatorade?
It’s supposed to help replace electrolytes that people lose while exercising.
That’s great it can give you something beneficial!
If, however, you read the label, you’ll quickly see the drink is full of ingredients that aren’t natural or beneficial.
No one needs dyes or artificial flavors to replace their electrolytes!
Coconut Lime Energy Drink is a healthy alternative to Gatorade.
- 1 quart of coconut water
- ¼ teaspoon high-quality salt
- 1 teaspoon calcium magnesium powder
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Combine the ingredients and heat them until everything is dissolved and mixed together.
- Cool and store the drink in the fridge until you’re ready to drink it.
#3. Tangy Strawberry Apple Energy Drink
Explore lowercase tres' photos on Flickr. lowercase tres has uploaded 3150 photos to Flickr.www.flickr.com
It’s inexpensive, healthy, and can end up tasting delicious if mixed with the right ingredients!
- 1 cup strawberry juice
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Heat the juice and honey until the honey is dissolved completely.
- Cool the mixture, then combine it with the apple cider vinegar.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge and pull it out any time you want a refreshing, energizing, health drink!
#4. Peach Green Tea Chia Energy Drink
If so, try this energy drink option!
Don’t worry, it doesn’t have a dangerous amount of caffeine. The drink is quite safe for typical healthy people.
Of course, if you’re pregnant or have health issues check with your doctor before drinking caffeine if you’re unsure about it.
The ingredient that gives the drink caffeine is green tea.
While green tea does have caffeine, it doesn’t have as much as coffee or traditional energy drinks.
The tea combined with the rest of the ingredients, though, should give you the energy boost you’re looking for.
- 10 ounces peach juice
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Heat the juice until almost boiling.
- Remove it from the heat and add the tea bag to sit for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the chia seeds.
- Put the mixture in the fridge to cool.
- Once you’re ready to drink it, give it a stir and enjoy it!
#5. Ginger Honey Energy Drink
People usually either hate it or love it.
It’s a strong tasting food and difficult to be on the fence about!
If you’re one of the people who love it, this next drink could be a favorite option for you!
It’s not only energizing but can be good for calming your stomach if you’re feeling a bit queasy.
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Heat the water until boiling.
- Stir in all the ingredients and allow to simmer until everything but the ginger is dissolved.
- Strain out the ginger.
- Drink it hot or allow it to cool and then drink it.
#6. Banana Almond Energy Drink
If you’re not sure, try drinking this option for a bit and see if it helps your energy.
Many times if you’re feeling tired it’s because you don’t have enough protein in your diet.
Naturally, one way to add protein to your diet is to add more foods with protein to your meals.
If you’re not familiar with those foods, think of things such as eggs, meat, yogurt, nuts, and beans.
If you’re not fond of many foods with protein in them, no worries!
This drink is an excellent way to add more protein to your diet.
Not only with this drink give you extra protein, but it has quite a few other nutrients packed into it as well!
It’ll have you feeling more energized in no time!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 2 kale leaves
- ½ cup banana yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- Blend the ingredients together until smooth.
- Enjoy feeling the energy rush back to you!
#7. Berry Mint Energy Drink
It’s healthy, delicious, and will give you quite the boost of energy to get you moving.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
Blend the ingredients together, and enjoy!
#8. Coconut Matcha Energy Drink
It’s basically just green tea ground really fine.
The benefit of eating things with matcha powder in them is that you’re eating it all, not just drinking water the green tea was in for a bit.
Actually eating the green tea leaves by eating match gives you caffeine while also giving you tons of health benefits and (you guessed it!) energy.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups ice
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Enjoy the refreshing healthy boost of energy!
#9. Cranberry Energy Drink
If you like tart energy drinks, try this cranberry one!
It has just the right amount of tartness, sweetness, and spice.
It can be pretty addicting!
- 1 ½ cups cranberry juice
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 star anise
- Heat the water, honey, and salt until they’re all dissolved together.
- Let the mixture cool, then stir in the cranberry juice and star anise.
- Let them sit for half an hour, then remove the star anise.
- Store the mixture in the fridge until you’re ready to drink it.
#10. Watermelon Energy Drink
If so, you’ll love this drink!
It’s full of the refreshing sweetness of watermelon, balanced by the tanginess of lime.
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Blend all the ingredients together, then refrigerate until cool.
- When you’re ready to drink it, stir and enjoy!
As you can see you don’t have to have all sorts of artificial additives in your drinks to have a drink that can actually give you energy.
Not only with these drinks help you meet your day with an extra skip in your step but they also can give you nutrients you need to live a healthy life.
One suggestion for getting an extra handful of nutrients from these drinks is making your own juice.
For the recipes above that call for juice, try using juice that you make yourself rather than store bought juice.
Homemade juice not only tastes delicious, but it adds vitamins and nutrients that aren’t always included in store bought juice.
Of course, you can make the above drinks without homemade juice but it’s a thought worth considering!
Try it out and see how you like it!
Making homemade energy drinks with your homemade natural fruit juice might be a new fun (and healthy!) habit to start!
Originally published at www.adoubtingthomas.com on May 1, 2017.