Co-creating the world’s first Global Solutions Day !
An unprecedented global unified action — and a supporting online open source platform — to publicly identify and showcase ALL life-affirming solutions for a Global Transition
The most important thing we can do is change the narrative. We need to tell stories about solutions and give people hope rather than struggle with the overwhelming sense of weight and isolation that we feel when we only focus on the problems of the world. We need to encourage, co-operate and inspire our friends, family and community. The solutions to the problems of the world already exist. They just need to be made visible to the public eye so we can implement them at the global scale. Once we expand our worldview to acknowledge the vast scope of the new models, we can create positive change exponentially. Global Solutions Day and The Solutions Revolution are exciting invitations to each and all of us.
— Maddy Harland, Editor and Co-Founder of Permaculture Magazine — practical solutions beyond sustainability
For immediate ideas on how to participate in Global Solutions Day scroll down…
Sharing Solutions to Inspire the World into a New Paradigm
Today we have an abundance of common sense solutions to effectively address all our ecological, social, political, economic and financial challenges. Yet, because the corporate media hardly speaks about them, most people are completely unaware.
The system is dying in plain sight
Right now billions of people are aware:
- that we are destroying our natural environment;
- that governments and politicians primarily serve the profit-interests of large corporations and global financiers;
- that the corporate media and marketing industries practice mass manipulation;
- that our industrial food systems are toxic to our bodies and the biosphere;
- that all these systems promote and reward corruption, greed, exploitation and deception.
Everyday more and more people are seeing the cracks in the system. We are awakening to our financial enslavement, and how this system of centralised money and power is in fact causing and exacerbating most of our global crises.
Mass disillusionment and mass protests are escalating all over the planet, yet we still see very little energy directed into exposing and exploring the solutions and new models.
The Mass Media ignores the New Earth that is already birthing
Due to the mass media blackout on solutions, perhaps less than 1% of the human population are aware of the fact that we already have everything we need to peacefully transition into wise and evolving social systems that benefit all people and our planet.
The mainstream media also ignores a “Global Transformation Movement” that is estimated at +700 million people and ~1 million collectives who are each being, living, developing and / or manifesting one or more solutions.
Yes! we are many more than most people even within the movement would imagine! And all across this vast and diverse populace we share a common commitment and passion for creating and experimenting with solutions to our global and local challenges.
We have the knowledge and technology to provide for all and to reduce our impacts on the environment. The emergence of a global civil society is creating new opportunities to build a democratic and humane world. Our environmental, economic, political, social, and spiritual
challenges are interconnected, and together we can forge inclusive solutions.
~ The Earth Charter (2000)
Solutions are our common denominator and magnetic attractor
The Global Transformation Movement is already united through our common interest to develop socially and ecologically conscious solutions. In this sense, the word “solutions” invites and includes a broader understanding than its conventional use, ranging from personal development practices (being the solution) to systemic transition design (co-creating a global culture of compassion and conscious innovation).
As more and more collectives co-create Global Solutions Day we will co-catalyze a snowball effect of inspiration and cultural re-education that will attract all the resources, exposure and support that our pioneering solutions and communities merit.
September 23rd, 2017 is Global Solutions Day!
What is Global Solutions Day?
Global Solutions Day is an unprecedented global civic action to gather all solutions-oriented collectives to unveil and celebrate the countless inspiring and empowering solutions and alternative systemic models that we already have.
We are inviting all organisations, projects, communities, tribes, networks and alliances who are developing and / or promoting solutions- from all sectors of human affairs (examples in diagram below)- to co-create local events to bring our solutions into the streets and parks so that mainstream people can learn how hundreds of millions of people are creating a more beautiful world.
This worldwide educational initiative is supported by an online platform (launching early August) that will evolve into an open source global hub for gathering, sharing and openly reviewing all holistic solutions, conscious collectives, collaborative technologies and alternative systems for a global transition. The solutionsrevolution.global website will list multiple solutions directories and toolkits, economic and political game-changers, online and physical learning centres, emerging technologies and a list of supporting and unifying collectives that each represent a world of inspiration and opportunities for meaningful action. The platform will also allow people and groups to connect and coordinate at the local level.
The multi-dimensional purposes of Global Solutions Day
- To help build solidarity and visibility between and for all solutions-oriented collectives.
- To attract worldwide attention to:
- The full scope of solutions and new models, and how to learn about them
- The Global Transformation Movement
- the pragmatic possibilities for a whole-systems transformation, and how we can peacefully and progressively navigate such a transition.
Nobody has to starve on our earth, if we use its richness wisely. Food, water and energy are freely available for all of humanity if we develop appropriate structures.
~ Dieter Duhm (Author, Co-founder Tamera Biotope 1)
Suggestions for HOW TO PARTICIPATE in Global Solutions Day ~ with an open invitation to unleash and share your own ideas and co-creativity!
- Visit and pre-register at http://solutionsrevolution.global
- Recommend 💚 and share this invitation and the website with your local and global networks. Talk about it with your friends.
- Create a regional or national (for smaller countries) Global Solutions Day facebook group to tag and gather resonant pro-activists and solutionaries in your area and dream up an event for September 23rd that makes your group come alive ~ this is what it’s all about! The new website will be powered by coeo.cc, which is a geo-social network for conscious makers that also enables people and groups to connect locally.
- Local solutionary and innovative groups and projects to connect with include:
~ Transition Towns
~ Ecovillages & Intentional Communities
~ Permaculture & Agroecology
~ Holistic Education
~ Personal Development & Holistic Healing
~ New Economy & Basic Income
~ Artists, Musicians & Performers
~ Sacred Sexuality & Free Movement
~ Food Rescuing & Gift Culture
~ Women circles & Men circles
~ Conscious Communication & Peace-Builders
~ Social Entrepreneurs & Innovation Hubs
- Invite other activist groups to join eg. social justice, environmental & climate change, anarchists, anti-corruption, animal rights, etc.
- Suggestions for events include: public presentation, open workshop, gift market, flashmob, concert, permablitz, exposition, art installation, parade, festival, open-air conscious cinema etc.
- All events are:
~ aligned and connected through the core purpose (above) and the proposed principles of nonviolence, cooperation and unity in diversity (see website for more details).
~ locally self-organised by resonant people and projects. Collaboration with like-minded groups is warmly encouraged.
~ invited to promote solutionsrevolution.global as a focal point that showcases all solutions and supporting collectives. All supporting and unifying collectives are invited to share their press-kits to be displayed on the website.
- Film or livestream your event as part of a globally co~creative and historic documentary. We will soon be reaching out to 200+ independent media groups around the world to support and co-create this unified mass action.
- The location and duration of each event is decided by the organisers and participants.
- Share and / or help translate this poster:
If you feel inspired to help organise Global Solutions Day at the regional, national or global levels contact us to join our GSD teams:
~ Research & Mapping
~ Graphic Design
~ IT & Web Dev
~ Video Production
To us, as caretakers of the heart of Mother Earth, falls the responsibility of turning back the powers of destruction.
You yourself are the one who must decide.
You alone — and only you — can make this crucial choice, to walk in honor or to dishonor your relatives.
On your decision depends the fate of the entire World.
Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
~ Chief Arvol Looking Horse
Additional opportunities that may emerge from “Solutions Day” that will support a “Solutions Revolution”
- To identify and prioritise immediate game-changing innovations that undermine mass-scale ecological destruction and that promote a harmonious redistribution of power and wealth.
- To integrate information and strategies about addressing current crises eg. the African famine crises.
- To spark a coherent global movement for peaceful systemic change.
If you go to one demonstration, and then go home, the people in power can live with that. What they can’t live with is sustained pressure that keeps building, people that keep learning lessons from last time and doing it better the next time.
~ Noam Chomsky
Until the Coeō platform is up we can use the Global Solutions Day ~ Global fb-group to gather and share ideas.
Also check out this Solutions-Awareness Toolkit