Easy food doesn’t always taste horrible
Keesh pie is one of my favorite food, because it is very easy to prepare and it as well tastes very good. People sometimes believe that the more time spend on preparing a dish, more delicious that dish can be, but this is not always the case. Keesh is a perfect example. A keesh for a family of four usually takes less one hour to prepare. Then some salad can be side dish. The whole dinner only takes more than one hour. Meanwhile, it is very delicious.
My favorite combination in a keesh pie is baby spinach and salmon, and bacon and squash is not a bad combination either. Now let’s make a salmon and spinach keesh pie step by step.
- All the ingredients you need are two pieces of fresh salmon, a box of baby spinach, one cup of whole milk, two eggs, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, a teaspoon of nutmeg powder, half bag of cheddar cheese (other type of cheeses are OK). I also added some mushroom for my keesh, because I just have a few of them in my fridge and don’t know who to deal with them. That’s actually the beauty of keesh — any ingredients combination works.
- Add some vegetable oil in a pan and heat it up. Then add the mushroom and spinach to the pan and stir. Turn the heat to the minimum, and keep stirring until most water in the vegetables are evaporated. You don’t want your vegetable to juicy before send the keesh to the oven, otherwise it is going to be really mushy.
- Put the raw salmon cubes into the pie crust. I bought the crust from the shop because prepare your own crust is kind of painful. Then remove the vegetable from the pan to the crust.
- Mix the milk with the eggs. Then add the seasoning into the mixture and start to stir the liquid. Add the mixed liquid to the pie crust. Before send the keesh to the oven, pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Let the keesh stay inside the oven at least 40 minutes, and take it out until the mixture inside the crust becomes solid. At last, add some shredded cheese on its top. Put the keesh back to the oven until the cheese melts.