Cost of the Republican healthcare plan
Good news! The Republican healthcare plan will reduce the federal deficit by $337 billion over ten years.
Bad news: 24 million people will lose their health insurance.
Is it worth it? To help you decide, here are a few other ways to look at those numbers:
- Every time Trump spends a weekend at Mar-a-Lago, it costs 237 people.
- Providing security for Trump Tower costs 36 people per day.
- Eric Trump’s trip to Uruguay in January on behalf of the Trump Organization cost 7 people.
- The wall Trump wants to build on the Mexican border will cost 1.5 million people.
- Trump’s proposed increase in defense spending would cost 3.8 million people.