What’s 1 common secret that Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alicia Silverstone and Tom Cruise have?
If you are one of those that do not know how Kim Kardishan dropped all those pounds, let me give you a secret; it’s the same diet she followed as Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alicia Silverstone and Tom Cruise — Macrobiotics!
Macrobiotics is a “Diet for A Long, Healthy, Happy Living!”. It is low in fat, high in fiber, and is predominantly vegan; includes beans, nuts, a small amount of fish, local fruit, and emphasizes whole grains and vegetables, all organic and locally grown!
Macrobiotics is more than a diet, it promises a lifestyle which is longer and healthier! The ancient roots of this lifestyle are based on a well-known philosophy. I am sure that you know its name: “Yin & Yang”, yes! And, it would be more correct if we called it a life-style rather than a diet. We live in a modern world where only a few people have time for philosophy and philosophizing.
The power of macrobiotics comes from a new, healthier life-style and the foods chosen. I am talking about newer wiser habits. And you don’t have to be a genius to follow them. Ok! Don’t worry! I am going to share the secrets of macrobiotics, soon — They are not secrets, actually. So, you will understand me better via its lifestyle rules.
Generally, it’s based on wholegrain nutrition and vegetables. Have you ever met a dietician who talks about the harms of vegetables or either wholegrain food? No, I didn’t think so… Same here! I often think that people are mistaken by moving away from ancient secrets. We come across fake news so much these days. In my opinion, being pure and making new discoveries are so much better for all of us.
Let me remind you about some old advice:
“Stop eating so much. Let’s start chewing more, instead.”
It was Michio Kushi — a Japanese scholar who popularized the macrobiotic diet in the United States. Yet, macrobiotics was orinigated in anient Greece & Anatolia. As being born and raised in the lands of Anatolia; Greek-Turkish-American mix, I had the opportunity to work with celebrities in the United States and Turkey on Life Purpose & Modern Macrobiotic Lifestyle after getting trained by the pioneers of Kushi Institute.
Macrobiotics is a lifestyle stressing balance and harmony. It includes a rigorous dietary guidelines, gentle exercise, and behavioral changes.
What Are the Other Properties of Macrobiotics?
- Macrobiotics balances blood pressure
- Recommends fresh, seasonal food — vegetables.
- Processed food, alcohol, and canned goods are not recommended
- Sugar free diet programmes
- Macrobiotic heals!
Macrobiotic Life Style / Rules
- Eat only when you are hungry.
- Chew more for a healthier digestion process
- What about feeling less stress during your meal? Feel grateful for the daily bread of nature. Do feed your soul, too (Not only your stomach).
- You can leave the table satisfied, but not full. Try eating at the same time every day. Don’t miss a meal and 2 or 3 of them are enough.
- Don’t be addicted to drinking. Drink water or juice only when you feel thirsty.
- Go to bed before midnight. Avoid eating at least 2 or 3 hours before sleeping.
- Less in more. Do not take a shower 4 or 5 times a day. Since it may cause mineral loss.