Join us for a conversation on teacher self-care
We’re hosting our first #yfchat Twitter chat for the school year
By practicing self-care throughout the year, teachers can foster a safe space for learning not just for their students, but their own physical, mental and emotional health. Establishing a set of practices at the beginning of the school year is critical for success.
We invite you to join our team for a Twitter Chat about teacher self-care. We’ll discuss what self-care looks like for teachers in the classroom, easy tools to practice self-care during the day, and creating a network for collective health and wellness.
Date: Monday, September 12, 8pm — 9pm EST
Moderator: @yogafoster featuring Kelli Love
Yoga Foster is a non-profit that empowers school teachers with yoga resources for the classroom to create healthier, happier schools.
Kelli Love, M.Ed
Kelli is an educator and consultant in the field of children’s yoga and mindfulness. She teaches at Girls Prep Bronx Elementary in NYC where yoga and mindfulness are embraced as a school wide content area. She recently made a short film, Aliza and the Mind Jar to show the impact of school wide yoga and mindfulness programming on children and families.
TWITTER CHAT DETAILS
How can I join the Yoga Foster Twitter chat?
- Follow @yogafoster for tweets and updates about the chat.
- Log-in to your Twitter account a few minutes before the Twitter chat begins.
- During the chat use search.twitter.com or an application like Tweetdeck or TweetChat to follow the #yfchat hashtag and keep up with the conversation.
- Participate in the discussion anytime by tagging your tweets with #yfchat so everyone following the chat will see your tweets!
What are the guidelines?
- We’d love to have you introduce yourself in one tweet when you join the chat and take a minute to get to know the other chatters!
- @yogafoster will tweet 4–5 questions, labeled “Q1, Q2, etc.” We’ll also tweet follow-up questions and specific questions for panelists.
- Make sure to start your answers with “A1, A2, etc.” according to which question you are answering
- Message/Mention @yogafoster if you’d like to submit a question for either a panelist or the group. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #yfchat!
- Be respectful and have fun! Thank you for helping us create a safe, happy space to collaborate!