To view your BRIOVR scene in AR, you will need to install the WebAR browser. You can checkout the video below or read through the documentation afterward for detailed explanation.
WebARonARCore and WebARonARKit is an experimental browser for Android or iOS that lets developers create Augmented Reality (AR) experiences using web technologies.
Note: This is not an official Google product, nor is it a fully-featured web browser.
Before beginning to install, you must enable developer options in Android.
- Go to Settings > About phone or About device > Build number
- Tap Build number seven times.
- Return to Settings where you should now be able to find a “Developer options” entry in the menu.
Now follow the steps below to install the ARCore APK:
- Download the Google ARCore APK from [link]
- Install the ARCore APK
- Download the WebARonARCore APK from [link]
- Install the WebARonARCore
- After installing both APKs, open the WebARonARCore browser and go to www.briovr.com. If you open a scene under viewer mode, you should see the phone icon for AR mode in the bottom left corner of the viewer. Click on the button and enter AR mode. Tab on the screen to put your scene on a surface. Pinch to zoom and drag to rotate the scene.
Note: The ARCore APK only works on:
- Google Pixel or Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL
- Samsung Galaxy S8
The WebARonARKit must be built from source using Xcode 9 and iOS 11. This requires an Apple Developer Account. For the source code and detailed steps to install the browser, please follow this link: https://github.com/google-ar/WebARonARKit