Pre-thesis 1: Card Sorting
Here are my 15 inspirations.
Why? Why? Why?
- Smart Mirror: How might we envision the future of smart home devices?
- Linkedin: How might we help job-seekers to experience companies’ culture and environments and decide if they want to go to the company accordingly?
- Flutter: How might we bridge the gap between designers and engineers and make their collaboration smoother?
- UIST — PuPoP: Pop-up Prop on Palm for Virtual Reality: How might we make the VR experience more impressive through the sensation of “feeling” or other sensation other than sight?
- Google Map AR: What’s the next step for the Google Map AR? How might we improve mapping service with emerging technology?
- Dear Data: Is there any way to quickly visualize data and make it easy to understand without any programming skill?
- Ask about this History of Your Topic
- Ask about its Structure and Composition
- Ask How your Topic is Categorized
- Turn the Positive Questions into Negative Ones
- Ask What if? and Other Speculative Questions
- Ask Questions Suggested by your Sources
- How do the items of furniture evolve to smart home devices? What’ s the history of home automation?
- Can smart home devices have emotions?
- How can we imagine the future of home automation?
- How can we define the intimacy between smart home devices and people?
- What if all the objects in our house come to life? How will they communicate with others?
- What’s the data/info from our daily life that we’ve used/not yet used on the smart devices?
- How do people search for a job?(including all activities not only on the job-hunting applications.)
- What are the pain points of looking for a job? What’s the general user journey of seeking a job?
- From HR’s perspective, what are the pain points of finding an ideal candidate for a job? What’s the general user journey of it?
- How might we envision the future of job hunting websites/apps?
- Can the job-hunting process be smoother, easier and more efficient?
- How to reduce job-seekers’ anxiety?
- What are the pain points that designers may encounter when they collaborate with engineers?
- What are the pain points that developers may encounter when they collaborate with designers?
- What’s designers’ language? What’s developers’ language?
- How to quickly deliver design to developers’ side and clearly explain all the details?
- How might we have the empathy for different roles in our team and feel their pain?
- What’s the ideal collaboration process from designers’ side to engineer’s side?
UIST — PuPoP: Pop-up Prop on Palm for Virtual Reality
- Can we share haptics in VR?
- How to create haptic interfaces in VR?
- How to share the VR experience with others?
- What’s the difference between 4D theater and VR?
- How might we make VR experience more immersive other than haptics?
- What does the VR experience sound/feel like for the visual-impaired people?
Google Map AR
- What if we can have this technique as a wearable device?
- What’s the history of AR?
- What’s the info that we can access from the street?
- Can we have sound and music as part of map AR?
- Can we visualize the history of the street?
- How to guide users to use Google Map AR smoothly?