Review on Leawo Music Recorder — Professional Music Recording Program
I am a music fan, and love listening music very much, be it online music or local record music. Quite recently, I have found that listening music online is much more convenient than listening music from record. Lucky for me, there are many online music websites for me to enjoy online streaming music and radio, such as Pandora, Aol. Radio, Last.fm, and so on. Listening music online betters my daily life, however, if there is no internet connection, it is impossible for me to enjoy those streaming music and radio online. Therefore I started to look for a solution to record online music, to make those online music stored in my local hard drive of my computer for offline enjoyment at any time. I have tried so many online music recording programs, but none of them delivered a good performance except Leawo Music Recorder, a professional and best local and online music recording program.
Leawo Music Recorder provides a professional solution for users to record online music, computer audio stream, and audio input (Mic or other built-in input audio stream). The recorder is designed with a task scheduler that enables users to schedule recording. Prior to music recording, users can freely set an output directory to contain recorded music files, choose audio source for recording, and set output format (MP3 or WAV) and audio setting. This music recording program can even automatically add music tags like Title, Artist, Album, Year, Genre and Cover. Those music tags can be manually edited as well. It is a multi-language program that supports English, Japanese, and German.
Pros and Cons:
Just like an old saying, “Every coin has two sides”, Leawo Music Recorder is no exception. Although this music recording program is powerful in recording music and audio file, it does have some drawbacks. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Leawo Music Recorder below.
1. easy-to-use program interface
2. task scheduler for scheduling music recording (Recording start time and duration)
3. record either computer audio (local or online audio file), or audio input (Mic or other built-in input audio stream)
4. support nearly every online steaming music site, like Pandora, Aol. Radio, Last. Fm, etc.
5. output settings including output directory, output format (MP3 or WAV) and audio setting (Audio Codec, Bit Rate and Sample Rate)
6. automatically add music tags including Title, Artist, Album, Year, Genre and Cover which are also manually editable
7. internet connection setting (Proxy)
8. skin settings
9. other control settings
10. internal audio player and “Add to iTunes” button for directly adding recorded music file to iTunes
11. online help and support from Leawo Software Team
1. limited language support, right now there are only 3 kinds: English, Japanese and German
2. limited skin, only five in total, does not allow for skin adding from online or local
3. not free
I got this music recording program from Leawo Software’s official website. My computer is running Windows operating system, so I downloaded and installed the Windows version of Leawo Music Recorder on my PC to have a free trail. Though I could only record up to 3-minute content with the trial version, I found this program good for me. Therefore I spent $19.99 to get a one-year validity version for unlimited features. The lifetime version is available as well, but costs more of course. The Mac version namely Leawo Music Recorder for Mac is designed for some of us whose computers are running on Mac OS X.
After frequently using the program, I can say that Leawo Music Recorder is an eligible music recording program for me to record all kinds of music or audio file. With it, I can enjoy used-to-be-online music content offline without quality loss. I can even transfer the recorded music file to my portable devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod for on-the-go enjoyment. I understand that no program is entirely perfect. Although the program has some drawbacks, it is still my №1 choice when I need to record music and audio file. It is worth a try.