Podcasts of the Week — 7/14/17
My favorite podcasts of the week on finance, business, and beyond
- 🏆 Best of the Week 🏆 — Veteran venture investor and blogger at Reaction Wheel Jerry Neumann digs into the particulars of power laws on Invest Like the Best (Web link and iTunes link).
- Perhaps value investing and venture investing have more in common than we thought! $1,000 invested in Tom Russo’s first fund 33 years ago is worth ~$90,000 today. On Capital Allocators, he discusses the one break the government gives us as investors: tax deferral of unrealized gains (Web link and iTunes link).
- $1 million, $3 million, $9 million, $18 million, $36 million, $60 million, and $100 million. Foundation Capital’s Ashu Garg explains this software company revenue path on the SaaStr Podcast (Web link and iTunes link).
- A case study on technological obsolescence. Former ESPN employees Bill Simmons and Bryan Curtis talk with author Jim Miller on The Bill Simmons Podcast about the effect of cord cutting on ESPN and the company’s current struggles (Web link and iTunes link).
- A bonus on food TV. Alton Brown of Good Eats and Iron Chef America is on Brian Koppelman’s The Moment exploring some lesser known aspects of filming food entertainment (Web link and iTunes link).
New here? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter.