Podcasts of the Week — 8/11/17
My favorite weekly podcasts on business, finance, and beyond
This week’s topics include (physical and mental) performance optimization, residential and commercial real estate, and Mcdonald’s fries.
- 🏆 Best of the Week 🏆 — Author Brad Stulberg discusses peak performance, deliberate practice, and nuances to the 10,000 hour rule on Invest Like the Best with Patrick O’Shaughnessy. I so enjoyed the discussion that I bought Brad’s new book Peak Performance. (Web | Stitcher | Apple Podcasts).
Best of the rest:
- NYU professor and L2 think tank founder Scott Galloway explains the Apple store as a temple to the brand and the struggle of traditional CPG companies on this week’s FT Alphachat (Web | Stitcher | Apple Podcasts).
- Common is changing how we think about shared housing. Hear from founder and CEO Brad Hargreaves on The Twenty Minute VC (Web | Apple Podcasts).
- Warning, this podcast is not for the faint of heart. George Mason University professor and author Tyler Cowen is on EconTalk with Russ Roberts. They discuss Tyler’s controversial theses around economic growth (Web | Transcript | Apple Podcasts).
- At 33 years old, Walker & Company founder and CEO Tristan Walker is a hero of mine. Hear how he became the first employee at Foursquare and much more on Fortt Knox (Web | Soundcloud | Apple Podcasts).
- McDonald’s changed their french fry recipe in 1990. Find out why in this week’s episode of Revisionist History with Malcolm Gladwell (Web | Spotify | Apple Podcasts)
New here? Subscribe to my weekly newsletter.