A week of competitive play
I’m on Medium because everything else sucks for a list longer than 140 characters so deal with it. Also, have an image so the link looks pretty (read: funny)
Week 1 Competitive trends: A general overview.
All stats are compiled from gamesoflegends and use NA/EU LCS, LPL and LCK.
- Fun fact — 72 total champions played from these 4 regions in 1 competitive week
These were the god tier champions that saw over 90% priority in the pick ban phase throughout all 4 major regions.
Rengar — 100%
Camille — 100%
Leblanc — 98%
Zyra — 97%
Ashe — 93%
Maokai — 91%
Ryze — 91%
Everything below this line just there ^^hasn’t seen as much priority, however is definitely still valuable and worth including and discussing.
Varus — 85%
Malzahar — 81%
Kha’Zix — 79% — has a 75% win rate from 48 games which is insane.
Syndra — 72%
Lee Sin — 66%
Rek’Sai — 63%
Jayce — 60%
Jhin — 55%
Miss Fortune — 54%
Cass — 51%
Everything else is below 50% visibility, you can find that info on GamesofLegends linked above.
- Camille was banned 89 times and only picked 5. Currently 4–1 when picked, LPL is the only Camille loss because of a Darius and camped lane experience.
- Kha’Zix has quickly cropped up as the best Jungler in competitive play — W gets Evolved before E most times, there are very good reasons for this too. Ordering: Q, W, E. SofM evolved W E R and ignored Q entirely which is a cool adaptation and should be explored for reasoning.
- Rengar was banned a lot. 83 times, the third most behind LeBlanc (85) and Camille (89)
- Rengar/Camille/LeBlanc/Ryze/Jayce/Zyra/Syndra/Malzahar were most banned.
- Corki mid lane is god mode featuring 23 total picks and is mostly picked into Syndra in the LPL (5/7 games seen).
- Jax — Picked as a counter to Camille
- Sion — Picked as a potentially dangerous and new addition to the horde of tanks.
- Tahm Kench — Massive priority in the LPL, cropped up as a top tier support.
- Singed — He just exists and I dislike him.
- Kled — into Maokai — hasn’t really worked.
- Syndra support (LCK)
- Illaoi (Flaxxish)
- Lee Sin’s win rate is 30% from 46 games
- Lulu support — not that surprising, but is a counter to Malzahar
- Kindred — Decent into the draft but idk why they picked it (didn’t watch). FlyQuest (Cloud 10) played it
Note: a lot of these are designed to beat Maokai or at least deal in some way.
TL;DR — Coaches have a lot more work to do and some are vastly different in their priorities. A big focus moving forward could be on improving this both from a coaching, playing and casting standpoint.