Why should I be single?! When there is plenty of fish in the sea...
“Singleness is the most edifying, sanctifying and God seeking stage of life. The constant pull between our flesh and God’s desire for our lives.” Zaida V.
Have you ever found yourself feeling lonely, confused, inpatient and bitter because you are just simply tired of being single. So you buy into this lie, “There is plenty of fish in the sea, why should you keep waiting?!”
- So, you find yourself acting too desperate.
- You try to keep your options open, just in case it doesn’t work with one or perhaps one out of five guys might show interest to be with you.
- You find yourself compromising your values, beliefs and morals as a woman because “Johnny” might not be what you want, but he gives you attention, you want.
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14
- You blush when he comments your hair. So, you end up sleeping with him on the second day. Even willing to expirence the intimacy of a married couple. So, out of empty promises, you move in with him. Cook, Clean, give him sex for 5, 8 years and more…and still have no prospect or any future plans for your relationship. You stick around and forget to reflect on your own worth?!
Some of you out because of a damaged heart, became players. Playing with hearts without empathy or care. You go from one relationship to another. And you believe why waste my time, with just one guy/girl. But, must I say this,
“Sure, there is plenty of choices out there but there only one of you, so protect your heart and be wise.”
How long will you keep falling into the same pattern of toxic and damaging relationships?
When is enough, enough?!
For the pieces of your heart can’t easily be fixed. But, yet are precious to God.
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23
As Christian, I must tell you that only God can fill the void of your heart, no human being can. He can give you that joy, peace and affection you seek.
Allow the season of singleness to do some soul searching, healing and growth. And to deeply understand the daily dependance on God with your heart.
“Trust, that his best for you cannot be topped. He created you! He knows what you need.”
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” Genesis 2:18
So, wait upon the Lord and meanwhile seek his face. And he shall reveal his will unto you.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Mathew 6:33
More than anything, I get it. I have been single since 2011. Along the way, yes there were times, I wondered if the guy was for me. I asked God if after a bad marriage, I was to remain single for the rest of my life. For my flesh battled with God’s will for me. This is the season, God desires for me to remain single. Still, much work to be done. But, it is the constant pull between our desires and God desires for us especially when it comes to this area of dating. Singleness can be lonely, confusing season in our lives. But, God desires more for you.
…An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world – how she can please her husband. 1 Corinthians 7:34
- So, go on that mission trip while you are single. Serve the Lord with all your heart and soul.
- Be involved in a small group eg. Bible study, soccer club, Zumba class.
- Be inspired to be a difference to your neighbourhood.
- Occupy your mind with good things.
- And whenever you feel alone, pray and talk to someone you trust.
Being single rocks!!!!