Inside My Tech Bag.
When taking my life on the road, I had to be very selective about what equipment I would bring. Here is what I decided.
(Left to right)
- External USB Hub (sometimes you need to charge and use multiple devices, this gives me 5 total usable ports including the 2 on my Mac).
2. Macbook Pro Retina (early 2015) 13″ (I could of opted for a 13″ Macbook Air but that would restrict my power, whilst the 15″ Macbook Pro Retina would of give me the best setup and screen space. This was the middle ground, portable but powerful enough for everything from web development to video editing.
3. Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (when setting up a real workspace, it’s essential to have distance from the machine — the keyboard enables this)
4. Bluetooth Speaker (a man needs music)
5. Samson Portable Microphone (I’m going to start exploring the world of podcasting — this was a premium but affordable route into the world of microphones)
6. Wifi Extender (when you’re relying on wifi, this opens up the wifi options your computer can access)
7. Apple Bluetooth Mouse (it’s beautiful, small and when you need to commit some serious hours, this does the trick — especially for editing)
8. Sony HX60V (good premium portable camera, great zoom and shoots 1080p. Not professional but will do the trick for now. I may upgrade in the near future, but will see how this handles my needs)
9. Portable Battery Pack (enables me to charge my iPhone about 10 times, or my iPad 3 times — a winner when you’re flying or in transit)
10. iPad Air 2 (my dedicated reading & entertainment device, it’s got 64Gb of memory so it’s stacked with books & films. It’s also a great device to catch up on emails and for light browsing.)
11. Ray Ban Light Force Sunglasses (essential eye gear)
12. Mont Blanc Ballpoint Pen (perhaps not an essential, but for me this is a pen helps me map out ideas)
13. Seagate 2Tb Harddrive (for time machine backups and external storage)
14. Bose QC25’s (if you haven’t tried Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling, they will change your life)
Phew, that’s it. Minus my trusty iPhone 6S — which needs no explanation. I hope you enjoyed the run down.
This post was also published on my website here.