10 Powerful Quotes That Will Inspire You To Take Action
If you need a little motivation today, you’ve stumbled upon the right article.
That’s the best thing about quotes; they can trigger something within us, make us think and inspire us to take action.
So without further ado, here’s ten remarkable quotes that can get you one step closer towards your goals.
1. “Every life form seems to strive to its maximum except human beings. How tall will a tree grow? As tall as it possibly can. Human beings, on the other hand, have been given the dignity of choice. You can choose to be all or you can choose to be less. Why not stretch up to the full measure of the challenge and see what all you can do?”
- Jim Rohn
So ask yourself:
What can I do today, that will make me grow and test my limits, either personally or professionally?
And then take one small step.
Read a page or run a mile. Just go after it.
2. “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.”
- Cecil Beaton
I just love this one.
It lets you know that it’s time to embrace your inner weirdo. That there are too many “normal” people out there.
Biologically we are wired to belong and be a part of the group. The challenge is that most groups usually have a strong repulsion towards something that is strange and different.
Your environment, friends, and even family can sometimes be against what you want to do.
Because of that, you have to believe in yourself and your direction. I am not saying that you should be blind, but sometimes taking a leap of faith is what is needed.
Say Yes, to Naysayers.
3. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
- Muhammed Ali
Go ahead. Turn at least one impossible into possible.
And let that be just the beginning.
4. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”
- Jordan Belfort
I honestly believe that most people are not afraid of failure, but success.
The idea that we are not living to our potential is so frightening that most people decide not to see where their potential lies.
But that’s not you.
You will go after it; you will try. And here I promise you, I will too.
5. “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
- Eric Thomas
These moments are rare, but when you find something that triggers that fire from within, don’t let it go.
Try to build a momentum and maintain it.
In case you haven’t experienced it, define what are you good at, what do you love to do and how can you put those two to good use.
And then just start.
6. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”
- Samuel Beckett
Oh main, fear of failure, one of the most regular things in life. But failure, with the right mindset, will provide us incredible life lessons that can serve us in the future.
So go ahead, fail and fail forward.
7. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
- Steve Martin
Give your best, grow, evolve and be committed.
To me, this quote was never about other people. It was always about me, and in this case about you.
We owe it to ourselves to become so good, to grow, give our best and no matter the results, we will win. And we won’t be ignored.
8. “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.”
- Steve Maraboli
Everything that happened to you, it shaped you into the person you are today.
Both the positive and the negative, we are the ones that give meaning to certain things, so decide from now on to give positive meaning to everything that you encounter.
Yes, in the given moment, it might be difficult.
But in the morning, it’s much easier to see clearly certain things.
9. “Someone once told me the definition of Hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.”
Probably my favorite quote in the last couple of months.
Every morning I wake up and imagine what would the ideal version of myself look like, and what can I do to reduce the gap between that person and me.
One small step, every day. Until I look myself in the mirror, and that person is me.
10. “Memento Mori (Remember That You Have To Die)”
- Latin Proverb
Believe it or not, I have this quote tattooed on my arm.
I wanted to have a reminder, not to waste my time.
To be fully present and to create my legacy.
And here, you have the same reminder.
Leave your legacy.
My guess would be that you liked at least one.
Pick one, repeat it out loud to yourself and even adapt it to your needs.
And take it and let it inspire you to accomplish something. No matter how small thing it is.
But let it trigger that action and get you are going.
And good luck.
Call To Action
If you want to increase your productivity and eliminate procrastination, check out my free guide called: “The Ultimate Productivity Cheat Sheet (Revised Edition)”
PS: Now available in both PDF and Audio Versions.
One last thing…
If you liked this article, click the💚 below so other people will see it here on Medium.