The Marriage of Mr. Utility to Miss Delight
Introducing Happzee…Marinated in the Queen City!
Today we are publicly launching Happzee.com. And “Yes”, we’re launching 1st in Charlotte, North Carolina aka The Queen City aka God’s Country!
The fruit of a collaboration of 2 Charlotte startups — Viddles, LLC, creator of the Viddlz® personal food concierge app, and Tapity Inc., an Apple Design Award winner and creator of several #1 ranked iPhone apps — Happzee helps you discover “happenings” of interest to you and near you…from popular sporting events and museum exhibitions to niche meetups, kids events & more. Happzee consolidates multiple event calendars into one, personalized event-calendar web app. And it’s starting here in Charlotte!
“So what makes Happzee so special?”
There are 3 core tenets that make Happzee different and special.
- Enable anyone to post & publicize their events — from a student organization hosting an on-campus speaker to an individual scheduling a Periscope stream to a band performing at a local venue to popular sporting events and museum exhibitions. Currently, hosts must be approved before being able to post, but we will open it to all hosts in short order.
- Enable users to follow event hosts, in addition to topics of interest — It is powerful what this unleashes in helping you to discover events from interesting topics and hosts.
- Make it delightfully useful! — We have spent innumerable hours on interaction & user interface design to make Happzee easy-to-use while creating some delightful moments of serendipity! Trust me when I say that simplicity is extremely difficult to achieve.
Note 1: Happzee is not a Calendar app. It is an Event Calendar app. We help you decide what to add to your calendar.
Note 2: Happzee exists currently as a web app, meaning it’s a website, accessible on any size device. Expect native iOS & Droid apps to be forthcoming.
My goal in creating Happzee was to “make deciding what to do not just utilitarian but a delightful experience!” Happzee empowers you to do this in several ways:
- Follow Hosts, to have their events highlighted in your feed
- Follow Topics, to highlight events matching your interests
- One Weekly Email, to receive a personalized summary of upcoming events
You may search events and add events to your calendar without signing in. However, you must sign in to your account to follow hosts and topics, which personalizes your feed and weekly email.
Putting Charlotte on Blast
‘Kids & Families’ and ‘Arts & Culture’ were the initial categories of focus, but we recently added ‘Sports’ and ‘Entertainment’ categories in Happzee’s pre-publicized beta version. Additional categories like Faith, Date Night, and Speakers & Lectures are coming soon.
Happzee is already populated with upcoming events from nearly 50 Charlotte-area hosts, from well-known area organizations, including 5 professional sports teams & 14 concert venues, to some nook-and-cranny, jewel finds. These include The Bechtler, Charlotte Hounds Lacrosse, Charlotte Nature Museum, Davidson Community Players, Discovery Place, Evening Muse, The Fillmore, ImaginOn, Matthews Community Center, Mint Museum, Reedy Creek Nature Center, The Harvey B. Gantt Center, US National Whitewater Center, Wing Haven Gardens and many more.
I believe Happzee is the culmination of something special, and I invite you to let us serve you. Please try it out and share with me your feedback — the good, the bad and the ugly!