Spiced Cranberry Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- ½ a teaspoon of ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons of milk, flavoured by steeping Earl Grey
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ of a cup of almond flour
- 2 ½ cups cranberries
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Lightly grease and flour a 10" springform pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar together for a few minutes, until the mix has turned a pale yellow.
- Add butter and extracts and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and salt and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, spices and fold in cranberries. Pour into greased pan.
- Optionally, dust the top with sugar and spice prior to baking.
- Bake for a little over an hour.
- Allow to cool, then put cake in head.