Error occurred in deployment step ‘Add Solution’: Failed to load receiver assembly
Yesterday, I encountered a unique problem in my environment. While I was deploying my solution, I encountered the above error on visual studio. Below are the steps that I did but could not resolved the issue:
- Timer service restart x3
- IISreset x 10
- Process explorer handle search x 1
- Ensuring sure the assembly\GAC_MSIL and assembly\temp folders are free of the binary by changing the version number according to one of my stackoverflow findings (TEDIOUS and do not work)
- Manually cleared the obj and binary directories (work for the first time only)
So I panicked and was about to give up by mapping a new project from TFS and deleting this problematic one when i saw this article.
So in this article, the author has also faced a similar problem as me and advised to change the strong name key file. So I googled on how to change the strong name key file as I have never change before, so this is how it can be done.
- Go to the project, press F4 and it will lead you to the project properties page
- In the properties page, select the signing tab
- Look out for the “Choose a strong name key file’ section and select New.
- Enter a new strong key name
- Do not choose password (TEDIOUS if you are the forgetful type) then press saved
Thank you very much to the open source community