Common Problem about DC Decanter Centrifuge
Drilling fluids decanting centrifuge is used for recovering barite to remove small solid particles, reduce the mud solids control, to ensure the performance of the drilling fluids. And KOSUN Centrifuge has high purification efficiency, convenient adjustment and easy maintenance .
The drilling fluids decanter centrifuge is driven by two motors. The main motor drives the drum and differential shell rotation by the belt. The vice motor drives the spiral through the differential variable speed. The drum and spiral rotate together in the same direction, but at different speeds. Separate the solid phases in the drilling mud by the centrifugal sedimentation principle. Fluid suspension is pushed into the rotor drum through the inlet pipe and under the force of screw propeller, under the effect of centrifugal force, the solid phases will be pushed onto the inside wall of the drum, then will pass the impeller on the screw propeller and will be discharged from the exhaust hole at the small side of the drum. The fluids is excreted from the overflow hole of the large end. So continuous circle like above goes on to achieve the target of continual solid-liquid separation .
Separation takes place in a horizontal bowl equipped with a scroll conveyor. The process material is fed into the bowl through a stationary inlet tube and is smoothly accelerated in the accelerate chamber. Centrifugal forces cause instant sedimentation of the solids on the wall of the bowl. The conveyor rotates in the same direction as the bowl, but at a different speed, thus moving the solids towards the conical end of the bowl.
Installation and Maintenance
1. Centrifuges can be installed on top of the new entrance to the 3rd tank away from the drilling pump or arranged according to the actual situation.
2. It should be frequently checked if the fasteners are tightened, and lubricating parts well lubricated.
3. The rollers and conveyor of top-long centrifuge should be cleaned to make sure there is no jamming before boot.
4. Machine operation should test run with no load for 10–15 minutes to if centrifuge operates normally.
5. if the drilling fluids is too viscous, dilution water should be appropriately added to reduce viscosity, to accelerate the solid phase precipitation speed and to improve the processing capability of the centrifuge.