If you are thinking about starting an online training course, with a three month old baby and a four year old hooligan in tow, then consider this;
- Your baby sometimes won’t nap when you need them to. I knew that. But it used to mean I couldn’t have Netflix-time, or microwave my cup of tea, and now it actually interferes with my well-laid social media plans.
- You’ll have the latest nights you’ve had in years. If it isn’t the children keeping me up, it’s the studying. There I was, thinking I would get most of it done during the day. I failed to remember that there are immunisations, eye tests, pilates classes and chores to contend with too.
- You cannot be a perfectionist. There is simply not enough time. Videos need to be watched, washing aired, notes made, assignments written, dinner cooked, cats fed, shopping fetched and relationships upheld.
- You won’t catch up in the half-term break. I‘ve had to let this dream go, just two days into it. After all, these babies will only be babies once.
- You will realise you are taking part in something special. And that makes numbers 1–4 things I can live with, for the opportunity, sense of community, new skills and belief in myself I have gained.
I’m #elearning Freelance Social Media Management with Digital Mums — an amazing #socent that matches small businesses with #mums who are training flexibly to be social media managers.
#DigitalMumToBe #DigitalMums #elearning #parenting