The Next Big Thing for Cubaaz? Corporate Travel and The Chinese Travel Market
These two new markets could add billions to the project
If you are one of my followers at Twitter, you have should noted that in these days, I have been involved in the promotion of the Cubaaz´s Initial Coin Offering.
Everyday, we have insightful discussions about the potential behind this project in our Telegram and WhatsApp groups (only for Cubaaz´s project members).
The last week, I was talking with Pau Martinez Bayo about writing a post about why long-term investors should be part of this ICO, and we were discussing some ideas to share from an investor´s perspective.
This post is to discuss why Consumer Travel market could be just the top of the iceberg for Cubaaz, and why Corporate Travel and the access to the Chinese Travel Market could be the ingredients for an explosive growth of the platform.
First things first: What is Cubaaz
The Cubaaz project aims to create the first research engine specializing in the tourism industry, using and combining for the first time all the advantages of the latest technologies such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Collective Intelligence, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
The benefits for users will consist of a single web portal (platform) and an application (iOS and Android) for any type of tourist booking solution.
For the first time in the history of the internet and travel sites, it will be possible to com- pare and find the best offers, in one search, to book your:
- Vacation Rentals
- Car Rentals
- Tourist guides
- Bus / Public Transport
- Private Taxi / Chuaffeurs
- Tourist attractions
- Cinema / Theater / Places to visit etc ..
- Theme parks
- Entrances to monuments and tourist sites
- Boat rentals
- Activities in general
Once you have found the best offer, according to your search criteria, you will be able, for the first time in the history of internet and travel sites: Book and pay all your trip (flights, hotel , car rental, tour guide etc ..) in one go directly on our platform.
And you can then manage, modify, cancel your reservation only through our platform. Unlike other websites, such as trivago.com, you will not be redirected to third party websites to make payment.
This eliminates the need to register, create an account for each service / product purchased as is currently the case.
For the first time in the history of internet and travel sites, It will be possible to pay using 90% of the means of payment available in the world, including, among others:
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, ETH, Cubaaz Coin ..)
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Prepaid card
- Bank Transfer
- Giro Pay
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay (formerly known as Android Pay)
- Union Pay (China)
- WeChat Pay (China)
- Alipay (China)
- Polished Internet Banking
- Visa Electron
- Western Union (Species)
- Paysafe Card
- Finnish eBanking
Now, let´s analyze two of the most interesting parts where Cubaaz could make a huge impact for travel agencies and for the travel junkies as well.
Corporate Travel Market: A Multi-Billion Opportunity for Cubaaz
Two years ago, I wrote a detailed post about why Business Ride-sharing Market could be great for a Product Manager:
If you a new Product Manager, you want to join to a company to make a huge impact. If you are an experienced PM…medium.com
Several of the most interesting statistics I shared in the post was the numbers shared by the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA):
- Western Europe’s business travel spending is projected to increase to $211.2 billion USD in 2016 and top out at $225.6 billion USD in 2017, 6.3% and 6.8% growth respectively. Those figures are among the key findings in the most recent GBTA BTI™ Outlook — Western Europe report, conducted by the GBTA Foundation, the education and research arm of the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA), and sponsored by Visa, Inc. Source: GBTA
- Germany — a $63.5 billion USD market — is leading the way, with business travel growth of 7.6 percent projected in 2016 and 9.3 percent growth in 2017. Spending on domestic business travel is increasing by 7.1 percent this year and projected to increase by 9.3 percent next year. International outbound business travel will grow 9.8 percent in 2016 and 9.5 percent in 2017. Domestic business travel accounts for 80 percent of all business travel in Germany. Source: GBTA
- The United Kingdom — a $47.1 billion USD market — is expected to grow at 7.9 percent in 2016 and 6.9 percent in 2017. Spending on domestic business travel will grow at 6.9 percent in 2016 and 5.8 percent in 2017, while international outbound travel will grow at 9.8 percent in 2016 and 8.9 percent in 2017. Domestic business travel accounts for 65 percent of all business travel in the United Kingdom. Source: GBTA
- Despite recent economic turbulence, China business travel will increase by 61 percent over the next 5 years, from $261 billion in 2014 to $420 billionin 2019. That increase is greater than the increases in business travel growth in the next 8 largest countries combined, including the U.S., Germany, India, U.K., Indonesia, France, Turkey and Japan. Source: GBTA
- More than any other country, India is poised for breakout growth. In 2014, India had $26 billion in business travel spending, which will grow by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.5 percent through 2019 to $45 billion. Fifteen years from now, India will likely be a top-five market in business travel spending. Source: GBTA
- Business travel spending in Asia Pacific totaled $459 billion in 2014, and is projected to grow at 7.7 percent CAGR over the next five years. Source:GBTA
- Latin American business travel totaled $52 billion in 2014, led by Brazil, which totaled $32 billion. Business travel spending in Latin America will grow 5.9 percent CAGR through 2019. Source: GBTA
- The Middle East, Emerging Europe and Africa accounted for $77 billion in business travel spending in 2014. Business travel spending in the Middle East remains highly correlated with the health of the energy sector and has slowed significantly over the last year as oil prices have tanked. Source: GBTA
Cubaaz has amazed a great list of partners and travel suppliers, and many of them offer corporate solutions for frequent business travelers.
So, this could unlock a massive opportunity for disruption in the Tourism and Hospitality industry, giving benefits for corporations and its members and of course for travel suppliers due the steady increase of members inside the network.
I strongly believe that the team behind Cubaaz can achieve this.
Next step? The Chinese Business Travel Market.
Chinese Travel market: Another $420 Billion opportunity for Cubaaz
Let´s take a look again for the Chinese Business Travel estimates:
Despite recent economic turbulence, China business travel will increase by 61 percent over the next 5 years, from $261 billion in 2014 to $420 billion in 2019. That increase is greater than the increases in business travel growth in the next 8 largest countries combined, including the U.S., Germany, India, U.K., Indonesia, France, Turkey and Japan. Source: GBTA
$420 Billion is a massive number to take in account.
But, let´s take two smaller numbers to analyze (compared with $420 Billion of course): 520 Million and 1 Billion.
These are the numbers of users that are using AliPay, the Mobile payments solution from Ant Financial Group (part of Alibaba Group´s ecosystem), and if you analyze deeply this numbers, it could unlock a massive opportunity for Cubaaz.
Recently, I provided an answer at Quora about what I was thinking about Tencent Holdings Ltd (HK:0700), the company behind the Chinese super app Wechat.
Wechat has an audience of 1 Billion Monthly Active Users, and the engagement is very high.
In the Wechat Data Report 2017, they published an interesting number to analyze related to Travel:
An 62% YoY increase in Mainland China Wechat users who are traveling abroad
Now, just imagine the opportunity behind Cubaaz if they decide to work closely with Wechat to build a “Mini-Program” for Cubaaz´s platform inside Wechat.
That could be a terrific move for the platform.
Again, I have a deep respect for this team, and I´m convinced they could accomplish this.
How to be part of Cubaaz´s ICO as an investor
Do you want to be part of this revolution?
Just visit Cubaaz´s website and buy CC tokens with a 15% Bonus Sale. This special offer will end in exactly 36 days, so you should act right now:
Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any question about Cubaaz. You can reach me at Wire (marcosluis2186) or WhatsApp (+53 54593118).